barbering when being a hairdresser....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy123

Reaction score
Hi guys, im not sure if im in the same boat as a few other people.. i dont feel confident in doing gents, i do not mind cutting their hair when it is the scissors.. but the clippers....... i dread using them incase i end up with a line and cant blend... anyone got any suggestions??

I am a hairdresser for many years, took a break when i had my kids and went back to it i decided to barber! i freelance ladies as well.
Its so different the whole outline and blending in, i would always have said cutting was my thing but you will learn a ton if you could find a good barbers who does gents training.
the barbers i work in is quite an exclusive barbers and they do training in ladies salons, where they go in and train the salons in gents.
worth looking into!!

I feel exactly the same as you rachy... I work next door to a barbers and they are always trying to get me to go in there, but I'm too scared of the clippers!

my daughter has mentioned feeling the same way i'll let her know she's not alone x

i think it is just practice really, but the though of using them, like doing a 1 blended in... noooo.:sad:

hi
dawncbn is offering training in this service pm her,
she started a thread called barbering xx

Latest posts

Back