Barcelona

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarLouise

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a nice hotel? Doesn't have to be 5 star luxury just somewhere near everything for couples :) Thanks in advance x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can recommend the Avenida Palace Hotel, which is centrally located and just a short walk away from Las Ramblas, the central square and fabulous shopping. The Gaudi house, Sagrada Familia and the marina aren't too far away either.

We got a good deal at the w hotel, it's a,axing if you can get a good deal as it's quite expensive but views / service was excellent x

I'm afraid I can't remember which hotel I stayed at, just wanted to say that I love Barcelona and hope you have a great time! When are you going?

I went to Barca in January and stayed at Hotel Attica 21 Barcelona Mar.

It's a little way away from the city (train ride) but, still quite close. I'd say about 10 mins from Las Ramblas on the metro. I'd say it was around 45mins to an hour away from the airport by train/metro.

We got a train ticket for less than €10 and it gave us 10 trips on the metro.

While you're there, check out the SANDEMANs New Europe walking tour. It's free (you just pay a little tip at the end) and is about 3hrs. I wouldn't have seen half of what I saw if I didn't do that. It was brilliant!

Thanks everyone! I will check out these hotels. I am hopefully going end of April. Any other ideas of what to do I will be grateful. Going for the weekend Friday to Monday. Xxx

Thanks everyone! I will check out these hotels. I am hopefully going end of April. Any other ideas of what to do I will be grateful. Going for the weekend Friday to Monday. Xxx

It was April when I went, it's a good time to go. I did a couple of "free" (you just tip at the end) walking tours, a Gaudi one and also a Gothic one that took us around the Jewish quarter. Both were really interesting.

Park Guell is fantastic, I spent an afternoon there on a lovely warm, sunny day. I also really enjoyed the Picasso museum but I'm an art lover.

Just walking around and doing our own thing was great as well, you don't have to do tourist-y stuff to enjoy Barcelona, it's just a great place!

I stayed at chic & basic right on las ramblas but not noisy.
It's right next to an underground station which is really easy to use.
We're going again in April and will stay in the same hotel.

That chic and basic looks right up my street lol I love anything 60s and vintage. Also does anyone mind telling me how much spending money they took for 5 days? Xx

I took €150 with me and I was there for 2 days. Could've spent much more though!

Ok cool did you find eating and drinking out expensive?

Kinda, but nothing more than eating out in a restaurant in London I guess. There were just as many cheaper places as there were expensive and mid range, I suppose it depends on what you wanna eat ☺️

I didn't do any alcohol drinking while I was there so I can't say how expensive that is.

Thank you great help xxx

I didn't find eating out expensive at all, but we avoided the main, touristy areas when looking for restaurants.

Have you seen 48 hrs in Barcelona? I think u can down load it on 4od. I'm going back in 2 weeks, can't wait x

Have you seen 48 hrs in Barcelona? I think u can down load it on 4od. I'm going back in 2 weeks, can't wait x

Yes I did made me more excited! They went to such lovely places. Me too! When are you going I'm going on the 23rd x

Latest posts

Back