Bare Minerals makeup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy86

Candy
Reaction score
Hi just wanted to know if any one uses bare minerals make up and what your views are about it. I usually use mac but wanting a change so I've booked in for a make over for my birthday in 2 weeks. Just wanted anyone's opinions before I spend a small fortune buying some new make up for myself. Thank you xx

Hello I only wear BM. I love it. I do use mac concealer under my eyes too just because of lack of sleep and very purple rings due to baby lol

Bare minerals are on the way out of business in the uk. They will soon stop selling it so be prepared if you buy it to have to change soonish. I had an acciunt with them and they stopped the md formulations skincare range last year and are now also going to stop bare minerals disttribution in the uk x

Bare minerals are on the way out of business in the uk. They will soon stop selling it so be prepared if you buy it to have to change soonish. I had an acciunt with them and they stopped the md formulations skincare range last year and are now also going to stop bare minerals disttribution in the uk x

Where did you get this info from?

Aww that's a shame really wanted to try their make up :/ xx

I think I've tired every foundation out there lol. I used to work for Bobbi brown. Bare minerals is not good if you have a dry or dehydrated skin. You have to buff it on the skin, too much in the morning, when you just want to get out the door.

I think the best foundation is Mac and Chanel. I work for an agency and do a lot of make-overs with chanel. Goes on the skin lovely everyone I put it on buys one. :)

Thank you :) I just fancied a change I've always used mac, guerlain or Estée Lauder just fancied a change in make up brand I'll have a look at Chanel as well as I I have most of their lip-glosses lol x

Are you sure about that?!? I used to work with bare minerals for 8 years I cannot see the distribution stopping in the UK the brand is becoming huge now. I remember when it was only used in salons and qvc now its in boutiques and department stores. Md formulations was a different kettle of fish as you needed to be prescribed the products - I loved the results I got with this over the years on clients. I'd be interested to know where you heard this from too?

Answering the op's question bm make up is beautiful I have used medium beige original powder for 10 years and recently got some of the ready to wear foundation too, I love the coverage of both. It's great, all the range is - I have tons!

I love bare minerals. My skin looks fresh and radiant . Every time I wear it people comment. I would go with an open mind and try it. You don't know if you don't try.

I love bare minerals best foundation I have found, I am half Asian and find it so difficult to find a colour match usually With other brands I have tried. But have found a perfect match with bm and would not change. You can easily wear during the day and create a heavier look for evening. I haven't tried any of their other products only the foundation and concealer but I would definitely recommend! Also one pot lasts a long time as you don't need to use a lot of product!

I have also used bare minerals products for years. I love them and have to say that it is no trouble at all to apply when you get the hang of it. Although you have to buff it on as someone pointed out (vanilla) it takes 2 minutes to apply and is probably quicker to apply than a liquid foundation. I think you just need to persevere when you first start using it as it is very different to apply. Xx

It really Is so much quicker than applying liquid and you don't even need a mirror if you are completely rushed as it blends so well!

How do you know this?

Thanks everyone I bought a duo eye shadow from there when I booked the make over yesterday. I'm definitely going to try it. Just wanted something different for through the day as I just want something that's not too heavy. I really like the staff they were so friendly and helpful yesterday even took the time out to try it on me. Thank you all I can't wait for my make over now :)

I use to use Bare minerals for short while after wanting a change from my usual Estee lauder Double wear, the products are really good, especially the mineral veil, but it does take awhile to do the whole make up process, if you buy the starter kit like i did it is really good value for money (feel unique have a good offer on at the minute). Although the novelty does wear off after using the makeup for awhile. iv just gone back to using my usual double wear and Bourjois foundation as its an easier process and i sometimes felt like the bare minerals looked and felt like i wasn't wearing any make up x

I'm not keen on BM, as they contain a product called Bismuth which can aggravate the skin, so if you do try BM, be aware that if you start to get breakouts or tingling, it can be down to your make up!

Vicki x

As i stated on my previous post i was a md formulations stockist. I received a letter last year sayin they were stopping distribution in the uk to concentrate on the bare minerals range.
I then received another letter a couple of months ago to say they will also be stopping bare minerals too. Maybe it is just to the salons however i never actually stocked it myself but still received the letter. Be interesting to see if any small salons have got the same letter? Maybe they will still stock to department stores

I have greasy skin and I love bare minerals, started using it in march and I still have loads left! I watched a few you tube vids on it and the girl at selfridges colour matched me up. I get quiet a few break outs and tend to pick and it covers everything amazingly. I find using a powder based foundation is better for greasy skins as when I had dry patches it stuck to them and highlighted them, I have changed my skin care range so don't have dry patches any more. I haven't tried mac though so can't compare with that brand but I would try it. It does take a little longer in the mornings to blend but worth it

Thanks I will definitely try it I'm booked in for the 21st so looking forward to trying something new I'm fed up of my makeup at the moment need a change x

Latest posts

Back