Barry M nail pens

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topsy

Reaction score
Hello geeks

Anyone tried the Barry M nails
Pens for nail art ? .... Are they any good ? ....... Or can anyone recommend anything similar .... I use Striping brushes but I'm so rubbish at nail art !!

Laura 🐶 x

So weird, I was looking at these earlier. They look good! I'd love to know the size of the "nib" if anyone knows?

Sorry to hijack! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Do a search on here...I started a thread a few months.

Hope this helps Xx

Ah thank you just found it now couldn't find one earlier 😝

Laura 🐶 x

The rio ones are good apparently. They are a pen and brush. 2 in 1 I haven't used them but saw a YouTube video fri Liverpool lashes

Do a search on here...I started a thread a few months.

Hope this helps Xx

Are you still finding them good mummycat ? Is a gel
Polish top coat ok over it ? Thanks for the reply x

Laura 🐶 x

I personally think the models own ones are better. Don't go as gloppy and more opaque x

I personally think the models own ones are better. Don't go as gloppy and more opaque x

Woo not heard of those - what would we all do without google search !

Laura 🐶 x

I have one of these, in silver.
It's just like a marker pen it's great to use, u hold it and draw/write as you would a pen. The nib is quite fringe aswell, I'd say inbetween the size of a felt tip pen and a biro x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

The rio ones are good apparently. They are a pen and brush. 2 in 1 I haven't used them but saw a YouTube video fri Liverpool lashes

I bought some of these and although the pen and striper's a great idea, they gloop so easily which makes the pen get stuck and stop working no matter how much acetone you use to remove the dried polish. I think it must be stuck from the inside... :( xx

Are you still finding them good mummycat ? Is a gel
Polish top coat ok over it ? Thanks for the reply x

Laura 🐶 x

Hi Laura,

No I'm not. I really didn't like the way that they worked. Basically you have to press down onto a piece of paper to get the pen to work (similar to a market pen). But this would cause a lot of flooding.

They seem to really drag on the polish too...maybe it was my technique and not being used to them.

I think they're ok maybe for personal use, but not for working on clients.

I agree with what another member has said on this thread about the Models Own type of pen...these are definitely the best, with the fine tip nib or the striper brush.

Hope this helps Xx

Thank you so much ladies really appreciate your replies 🙏😜

Laura 🐶 x

Latest posts

Back