Beard bleaching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pancakes

Reaction score
Recently I asked myself what I would look like if I grow a full beard as I always kept it trimmed as my natural hair color would clash against my lightened hair. So as I grew it I saw images of other males with bleached beards. I gave it a go:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445866370.016211.jpg
before
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445866342.582687.jpg
after
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445866435.175214.jpg
a few days later and toned

In the second pic its really santa-esque, however it actually looks pretty cool once you toned it down!

After bleaching it went so much more hair, I was really surprised.
I plan on bleaching it again in two weeks or so and then tone into a silver shade. I don't mind it being a little santa [emoji38]

You look so different in those pictures than you do in your little profile pic.

In all honesty, I love the two tone beard/hair thing!
It's a bit like the wild bushy beard and perfectly executed tight hair cut.

But that looks pretty cool.

I imagine bleaching a beard can be a little sore? X

But why are you wearing a shirt in these?

First I used a dab of coconut oil (yes I know people have different opinions on it, but I swear by it!) to protect my face.
I used the blondme 9+ lightener with the oil based 6% and put cling film over it for 45mins. It hardly stinged or was unbearably smelling. It felt pretty comfortable actually.
I assumed to have to bleach multiple times to reach some kind of dark orange but it cut through think level 5 beard hair just fine. So then I toned it with richesse 9.13 for one min and condition. I didn't use Olaplex yet, maybe for future sessions!.
Tsparker78, well at least it was a trashy Eminem shirt a friend gave me..! It's gotten colder here

A dark metallic grey would look good!

I though of something like this guy did:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445877373.324424.jpg
to this
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445877404.228016.jpg

I am aware that I am neither this tattooed nor this pierced but hey, at least there is some inspiration out there!

Braxton Thomas *swoon* I am following him!

No offence Pancakes [emoji12]

I also follow him tori :) he is brilliant

Last edited:
Pancakes thankyou! I'm booked for a matching beard and hair bleach at same length as your this week. I'm using blondor cream with Olaplex. Tips appreciated!!

Wow that looks awesome. My facial hair isn't dense enough to grow it out [emoji30]. Shame I would definitely go for this!

I can't believe you bleached your face! Omg your brave! My bro has a monster beard and asked me to do this but I told him no I thought it would burn! :eek: Heel be a happy chappy when he hears it can be done! Was it different lifting such course hair? Did it take longer?

I think it's important to really carefully saturate the facial hair and to incubate it with cling film. I almost immediately did that to avoid fumes eating my nostrils [emoji38]

6% and illumina stings! I mostly use 4% and color touch. Maybe i should rethink this.

Pancakes thankyou! I'm booked for a matching beard and hair bleach at same length as your this week. I'm using blondor cream with Olaplex. Tips appreciated!!

I would say tell him not to wash his face for a day or so!

I also think it went so well because of the blondme lightener which is really strong. If a lightener is too gentle it may lift to horrible hard to tone shade. 6% were no problem for me maybe because of the oil base in the developer? Yes do not wash the face or even prime it with a little amount of coconut oil... I know coconut is not professional but neither is bleaching the beard, right? I would not use Olaplex in the first go as it will slow down the strength, only for future retouches.

@tsparker78 I'm curious what's your beard natural colour & what do you change it to?

@Pancakes my bros beard is a 6.34 he wanted to achieve white (a skunk stripe down the centre to be precise) would it be achievable do you think or is white out of the question?

Latest posts

Back