Beautician doing extensions in a hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Hiya!
I rent a room in a hairdressers doing nails, tan, waxing etc!
I have just completed a hair extension course as it was something I had wanted to do for ages!
The salon I work from doesnt do extensions but I dont think the manager is all that happy for me to carry them out in the salon.
And I can completly understand.
But do you think its a good idea to only do them mobile or at my house instead of at the salon.
The rent I pay per week covers use of my room and the nail desk out front. So obv if I done extensions I would need use of a chair which will come at a price also.
But would this not be good business for the salon also to start doing extensions?
Or shall I just advertise I do it mobile and keep it seperate from the work I do at the salon?

Any advice please!

Most hairdressers disapprove of non hairdressers doing hair for money. If you insist on doing this, I would expect the salon owner to be unhappy, and it would prob be better if you kept it away from the salon completely. Remember that in hair terms, it is his name above the door.

Latest posts

Back