Beauty couches - 2 or 3 sections?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Bod

Reaction score
Hi all, popped over from Nails and I'm taking my LVL course on 19th May so looking for my ideal beauty couch.

Just wondered if anyone could explain the practical differences between a 2 and 3 section couch and which I might be best to purchase.

I'm thinking about having waxing training in the future so would ideally wish to get the right couch for both.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks xx

Hi hun
You need a three section look on eBay means you can lift head rest up so ideal for all treatments
X

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000L-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I do waxing, sugaring and sports massage and I use a 2 section and get on great. I have often wondered what the 3rd section was used for and would like to know the answer myself...before I spend a grand on a new couch later this week! I assumed it was just for comfort when getting facials and the like. I would say if you're in it for the long haul, don't be cheap and a get a good one.

if you are buying a couch for the first time you need to look into the future and decide which treatments you are likely to do then as well as those you already offer.

An electric or hydraulic couch will often come with 3 sections. As you can raise the height of these couches you can make them into a chair shape by lowering the bottom section whilst raising the head section and then adjust the height of the couch itself so the client's feet are at a comfortable level for you to work on during pedicures.

I think at least a 2 section couch is ideal as you have the choice for flat or raised head section for more comfort and I started with a portable couch like this but moved to a 3 motor electric couch and have never looked back! :wink2:

Hello, I would say you would be best with a 3 section bed (what I have) so you can put the back/head part up :) I got mine from Ebay and it's brilliant :) xxx

Hello, I would say you would be best with a 3 section bed (what I have) so you can put the back/head part up :) I got mine from Ebay and it's brilliant :) xxx

Can you point me to the one you got?.... x

I am so glad someone has asked this question as ive been wondering the same. I get that you can sit the client up on a 3 section but can't you do that on a 2 section bed anyway? The beds we have at college are 2 section and sit up hence why im confused what the 3 section actually does that a 2 section doesn't. :0/

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm so sorry I just seen this reply! Here's the bed I bought (3 section)
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/110937201371?nav=SEARCH

Xxx

Beleza Beauty ♥

Hello! I have one just like this but think it's a 2 section..I can't work out how to lift the back up!
Do they not lift up?
In which case I might have to trade mine in for a 3 section one!
That's for posting this this thread! Very helpful! :)

I can't find any pictures of mine but I have the 2 section bed (always used these types and I'm onto my third.) I just want a face hole, a back that goes up for facial waxing and any other treatments where my clients don't like to lie flat, good thick padding for comfort and for it to be a lightweight as possible. The 3 section beds I've looked at are all a bit heavier and I want the bit with the face hole to be able to rise and not the whole panel section.

I have had various couches over the years but last year I updated to a beautiful extra wide couch with no face hole, doesnt sit up but had a cradle on the end - I do massage and sugaring and everyone lies down the whole time - if I do pregnancy massage I just supply lots of pillows.

I do also have a Chair Massage which was about £99 and is fine for going out to offices etc.

I kept an eye on local newspapers and was delighted with my purchase of £100 2nd hand - never been used.

Hello! I have one just like this but think it's a 2 section..I can't work out how to lift the back up!
Do they not lift up?

I'm not 100% sure about 2 sections to be honest! I think old ones don't lift up but i think new ones do but only from the middle, which will be uncomfortable for your client. Sorry I wasn't much help xxx

Beleza Beauty ♥

Do they not lift up?

I made an expensive mistake once by buying online a 2 section bed with facehole. When it arrived I realised the back did not lift. I have some clients who hate to lie flat, some who just like to sit up and chat when getting pedicure after waxing, etc and 2 with back/neck problems who can't lie flat so i couldn't work with a flat bed. Sending it back was very dear!! :sad:

Thanks everyone, and to Joanne for posting the link for me! X

Haven't been around for a little bit so have missed the replies x

Latest posts

Back