Beauty enquiry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allthingsbeautyx

Reaction score
Has anyone used Beauty Enquiry? The website where you pay for leads to clients? Just curious about it that's all...

I'd be interested in this too [emoji4]

I've never heard of it and I've been in the industry for over 15 years. Chances are that prospective clients won't have heard of it either!

Vic x

Never heard of it in all my years either!
Potential money waster ...

Hello everyone - thank you all for your responses above on this thread, and thanks to the original poster for asking the question.

To be clear, I represent the business in question, Beauty Enquiry.

I didn't particularly want to make this response 'salesy', but instead to respond appropriately because it would be nice to have more Salon Geek members on board.

It's not surprising that some people above (and plenty of others!) won't have heard of Beauty Enquiry as yet. It's fairly new, has been mostly confined to a couple of target areas, and has only recently started to creep out a bit more publicly. The areas we've trialled it in have mostly been successful; I don't imply by that there aren't still lessons to learn, there very much ARE, but I feel we're moving in the right direction.

As a very brief overview, simply to stick to my word and not make this post salesy, here's what we're about: we have customers enquire on our website for a range of beauty services. They arrive at our site having seen one form or another of promotion/advertising in their area. We offer to make the process easier for them to find a local, available beautician to carry out the services they require. We'll very soon be moving to a position where the offer also extends to finding the customer a correctly qualified and insured therapist for the various services.

We make the customer enquiries available on our website, for beauticians in the area to take should they fancy working with the customer. We operate what's called a 'pay-per-enquiry' system, whereby you pay a small introductory cost to take the customer, and then you make contact with the customer directly. Typically it might look like you paying from about £2 to £5 for the introduction to a customer, which if you happen to have gaps in your diary that you want to fill, might be a worthwhile proposition for you.

We haven't invented a new type of 'customer', sadly, and by their nature, customers can sometimes be a bit unreliable - either they don't get back to you, or they go 'no show' or whatever. We're not immune to that, and I won't pretend that we are. But we really are doing ALL we can to make it a worthwhile exercise for you to buy an enquiry, which includes us offering a guarantee on enquiries that you buy (yes, there are some simple terms attached to avoid it being abused - I can't pay to market everyone's business for them - but hopefully they're just fair, reasonable terms). The idea is that, if you're willing to try the system, we truly don't want you to lose out as a result. We want your support, and so we offer guarantees to ensure it's successful for you.

So things like 'potential money waster' above (and I have NO issue with the comment, by the way, as I appreciate you don't know me or the business) are obviously really important factors to me, and they're areas that I've done everything possible to cover off. But again, as above, we are still learning, and issues DO still arise sometimes. But on the whole, it works, and it works quite well.

There are two different angles to our business - one of acquiring customers (people who want a beauty service), and the other of acquiring beauticians. Getting the two to grow at equivalent rates is virtually impossible! When we get customer enquiries in an area where we don't have beauticians, we can ultimately end up not satisfying the customer, and that's obviously not good. So, for the most part, we're on a bit of a beautician acquisition journey at the moment, trying to find people who are interested in principal in working with us. As the beautician numbers grow in each area, THEN we can start to market more strongly to attract the customers; it doesn't work too well the other way round.

In a nutshell, that's 'us'. I'll say it for a third time, "I don't want to be too salesy!" :) So here's my last little snippet. We're also using some clever functionality that alerts the beauticians on our 'system' with a free text message, when a job comes in locally that they might be interested in. My main interest at the moment is finding beauticians who 'might' be interested in using the service, who we can add to the text alerts - that way, when we DO get a customer enquiry in your area, I can alert you quickly to it, and stand a better chance of actually satisfying that customer.

I don't know whether a link is allowed here - just message me if it's not - but you can see examples of enquiries that we receive, and indeed add yourself to our text alerts, on this page: www.beautyenquiry.co.uk/leads

And that's it - that's our story. I've been personally very close to this sector for a long time. I really do understand most of the needs, most of the concerns, most of the worries and so on. And I'm genuinely doing everything in my power to make this a worthwhile service for you all.

Hopefully those of you who haven't come across us as yet (like I say, that really IS most of you!) will come across us soon. The sooner that happens, and the sooner I can get interested beauticians, the sooner I can start to attract customers in your area.

It's like the original chicken-and-egg situation - only this chicken had a spray tan, eyelash extensions and acrylic nails!

Thank you all for your comments above, good or bad - they're all taken in the spirit they were meant in - and I hope I've been able to shed a bit more light.

Jon

Thank you for providing us with more information about your service. Much appreciated!

Thank you for providing us with more information about your service. Much appreciated!
You're very welcome - and thank you for your interest.

Great reply Beauty Enquiry. It sounds very exciting x

Great reply Beauty Enquiry. It sounds very exciting x
Thank you squidgernetball. It would be great to maybe have you on our system at some point, so we could start to extend our reach into Leicestershire too!

Latest posts

Back