Beauty - eyelash tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I was just seeing if anyone could help me I'm a qualified beauty therapist level 2&3 and I just needing some advice..

I haven't done a eyelash tint in some time..and every time I remove the tint from the lashes it seems to always get into the eyes.. Is their an easier way of removing the tint without it getting it into my clients eyes.. I have tried everything to ear buds and cotton pads and even water.. Please helpPPP...

I usually pop a bit of vaseline under and on the eyelid, then pop half a cotton pad under the eye. One the tint has developed I can then use the cotton pad to swipe it away from their eye. Clean cotton pads to remove the rest along with the vaseline then I use a cotton bud to remove the little bits.

I also remind to clients to keep their eyes shut at all times as some open them to speak to me, some have their eyes open a tiny bit without noticing.

Hope this gets easier as I know how bad I feel when someone's eyes are nipping.

Hope this helps ❤ xxx

I was having this problem and I think I was using too much tint. It only needs to lightly coat not thickly.
Also make sure to put Vaseline right up to bottom lash line.

I wrap a towel around my clients neck & get then to turn their head to the side, hold the bowl under their eye & literally wash the tint off with cold water, it's the only way I've found that works & doesn't sting! HTH x

I've found supporting the tissue is really important. I use damp cotton wool, place it over the inner corner of their eye and pull their skin taught at the outer corner with my other hand. Then I wipe outwards in a firm single motion, turn over the cotton pad, repeat, ditch cotton pad for a new one, repeat. You need to take care not to pull so hard (or in an upwards direction, you need to be pulling directly horizontal to the eye) with the supporting hand othewise their eye opens.

One the majority of the tint is off i only then work on under the eye. I fold a damp cotton pad into quarters and use the point that makes to make a flicking motion under the eye and up over the lower lashes.

Once there is very little / no tint coming away I then move onto the other eye before asking her to open her eyes and take care of any 'panda-effect' (I usually move around the bed for this so I'm looking up at them rather than down - its easier to see any remaining tint on lower lashes). To do this I have the client look upwards and then use a folded (usually in half) damp cotton wool pad outwards along the lower lash line.

With the cotton pad you have over their eye and the half pad you have under their eye, when removing you can (v gently) press the top pad down onto the bottom pad as you're swiping to remove them and this takes a lot of the heavy excess tint off, then start with your clean pads, wiping down and out. Also, a mistake I think a lot of newly qualified therapist make is, make sure your cotton pads are only damp, wet them and squeeze all water out of them, any excess water will run, with the tint, into your clients eyes!

Make sure tint mix is not too runny, it should hold on the brush when you pick it up.

Apply tint to the tips of the lashes then use that tint to stroke down the lashes from the roots to the tip. Continue until all covered. This ensures the layer by the lashes isn't too thick.

Put a dry pad on the lashes when removing and pick up the lower cotton pad (which should have been slightly damp with vasaline underneath it as well as on the skin) and sandwich the lashes between the two pads. Pull the pads downwards. This should take off the majority of the tint.

Wipe downwards again with damp cotton pads until the pad is clear. Then use more damp pads folded (using the point) to wipe up and under the lower lashes from nose to outer eye until pads come away clean.

Latest posts

Back