Beauty | Faceframe Take Home BABTAC Innovation Prize

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Before Professional Beauty ExCel came to a close yesterday, there was one very important decision to make. BABTAC used Professional Beauty as a platform to host the final of their Innovation competition and they invited me to be a judge.

I was joined by Katie Hill, owner of BABTAC Salon of the Year 2013 and Krestyna Batty and faced with a very tough decision but after a range of exciting presentations, it was unanimous. Faceframe, a company developing a system that allows therapists to offer clients new eyebrows by glueing individual hairs directly to the skin, were the winners and took home the coveted first prize of £8,000.

Faceframe were joined in the final by Nuekie, a company developing treatments for ethnic skin suffering from hyper pigmentation; Glow App, an iOS based app developed to link up mobile therapists and clients and Injex, an alternative to injectables.

Sheron Oakley, Faceframe founder, was overwhelmed to be announced the winner. "It’s incredible profile wise and for new business and it will enable us to build the team and meet the right people."

“It was a unanimous decision to choose Faceframe as the winner. Hair loss can effect anyone at anytime and because it’s a beauty treatment too, it gave us two reason to award them with the prize,” commented Hill.

For me personally, it was a real privilege to be a judge for BABTAC and it was inspiring to see such passion and dedication from all in the final. All the finalists offered really exciting and innovative ideas and it's always hard to make a decision in this kind of situation but Faceframe, for me, offered the beauty professional a real opportunity to maximise their business potential because they hit upon an idea that was so vital and so in demand that you couldn't believe it hadn't already been thought of. I really believe that the beauty industry as a whole and that beauty professionals throughout the world will benefit from this product - they'll have customers clamouring to get this treatment!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• 1513065_Image1_3.jpg
    1513065_Image1_3.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Back