Beauty | For Real Beauty Go Gaga

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
If I asked you to think of a celeb who represents every woman, Lady Gaga, with her meat dresses and crazy hair and bonkers stage persona, probably wouldn't be your first choice. She is, however, rapidly becoming the voice of reason among a world of airbrushing, size zero and bullying.

Known for her active campaign against bullying in schools (she herself was a victim of bullying) Lady Gaga is, as the old adage goes, using her power for good and now, she's fighting the battle of us normal looking women all over the world, and includes herself very firmly in that category.

Gaga has, very publicly, put on 30lbs recently and boy, don't we know about it! Every newspaper from Toronto to Timbuktu has commented on this fact with some disdain. She claims she's happier than ever and after struggling her whole life with eating disorders, it's refreshing to see her post those pics of herself in her undies on Twitter (she's a braver woman than I am). There are parts of our body and face that we all hate and Gaga has one tip for dealing with it: have fun with it.

"Sit in front of the mirror with all of the paints and colours and wigs that you have at your disposal and just have a real talk with yourself, 'What do I not like about me?' and then peer into the mirror and just f**king draw right over it because that's what make up is here for. We're not all perfect - it's meant to be fun so we can bond as women and say, 'You know what? We don't all feel perfect, but did you try that lipstick? It's divine."

She doesn't take it too seriously (thank god), she doesn't tell you to love yourself (far easier said than done for some), and she doesn't tell you in that patronising way that perfect looking people do, that you're beautiful because of your flaws. She says, have fun, go mad and sit and laugh about it afterwards.

Go Gaga.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• gaga.jpg
    gaga.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 528
Agreed ....... Love, love, love Gaga she has taken entertainment to the enth degree and pushes everyones limits, saw her in Australia in a relatively small town in my state, 4m from Gaga, 6m from the bar,(and room to dance) I was in heaven.

Love the fact she embraces Nails in her videos (as a feature) ......

BUT, the most impressive video I have seen as far as nail styling has to go to Pink, I'm the kinda guy that thinks "literally" ... and if a song was called "You and your hand" I'd expect some hand shots, with attention to detail.

Check out this video and look at the nail styling ... simple, yet stylish ...... how many changes? How many moods? Even better if you get the drift of what she is singing about (listen to the words) ..... quite naught really ...... :)
I bow down to the stylist used for this video ..
P!nk - U + Ur Hand - YouTube

Latest posts

Back