Beauty | Latest Answers From Korea Feature Pig Collagen...Obviously

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a week in the beauty industry without Korea or Japan sending us a completely bonkers beauty treatment that every beauty writer will write about, we'll all read it amused, roll our eyes and believe that those crazy Eastern beauty experts have finally lost their marbles. Then the next week comes along, and sure enough, something even crazier, even more bonkers turns up on our virtual doorsteps.

This week is the turn of pig collagen. Touted as a wrinkle-fighting ingredient, the theory goes that wrinkles are caused by a lack of collagen and therefore it makes sense to rub collagen onto your skin. Except that, and I'm no expert so feel free to slap my and my opinion down, I'm pretty sure you can't just rub collagen into your skin and hope it finds its way deep, deep down and then, when it gets there wriggles its way into your lines, puffs itself up and voila! Wrinkle free faces.

Having said that, there's no denying that those SoKo complexions are so clear, so wrinkle-free, so bright that maybe they do know what they're talking about after all.

Of course, they're not the first people to tout collagen as an ingredient; Mario Badescu products, for example, use collagen sourced from marine life. They are, however, the first people to brag about the fact that they are using pig collagen. Let's face it, you don't want to be the marketing manager that sees that assignment land on your desk. Lucky for them, this stuff, as they say, is selling itself because apparently pig collagen is pretty damn similar to the human collagen that we are all so desperately seeking to recover.

That's all very well and good but I refer you to my earlier point: topically applying collagen is likely to be as useful as breasticles on grandma no matter where it comes from.

Until then...geek oink!

The Ed.

Attachments

• pig_1571615c.jpg
    pig_1571615c.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back