Beauty Products????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailGlitz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
The beauty therapists among you can I ask what facial products you use and what sort of start up prices are paid. I am renting a room in a hairdressers and was hoping to use Dermalogica but the star up seems a lot for such a small venture such as mine (trying to build up a clientelle) & training is five days, I don't think I could manage that. Any way I would be interested in your views on products & prices.
Thanks to you all
NailGlitz

hi that is the problem with products such as dermalogica , the start up is huge :( , i went for a basic range from ellisons , coz i rarley do facials any way , plus i cant afford to pay out a load of money on something that will probably get used twice , then binned coz its gone out of date , have a look on www.babtac.com as there are a lot of threads on this subject , hth

We are using Virgin Vie products. They are lovely and easy to use and we have found that because they are affordable, our clients are buying them, a friend of mine is a Virgin consultant and lets me buy the products at cost. The mark up isn't that great, but our clients go away happy :lol:

You should get some info on Nimue Skin Technology... 0113 216 3030 - it's fantastic and really 'changes' skin for the better - like Dermalgica but I don't think the start up cost is anywhere near as much!:)

Mrs Geek said:
You should get some info on Nimue Skin Technology... 0113 216 3030 - it's fantastic and really 'changes' skin for the better - like Dermalgica but I don't think the start up cost is anywhere near as much!:)

i second that.....love it....for the first time in many years i no longer need foundation....it has transformed my skin. xxxx

NailStyle said:
i second that.....love it....for the first time in many years i no longer need foundation....it has transformed my skin. xxxx

that's awsome Angie - I tested the 'problem' skin products on my babysitter who had acne on her cheeks and her skin is clear now... I am very happy with my own too! :D

NailStyle said:
Like the sound of that - will have to get some info from them. I'm going to the OSNS in Leeds tomorrow, does anyone know if you can just pop in to Nimue as I know they are in the same building?

Does the Nimue range have any benefits for people with large, vile pores on their cheeks ie me?

I too have started to use this range as a retail consumer and I am well impressed.

nails@42ndstreet said:
Does the Nimue range have any benefits for people with large, vile pores on their cheeks ie me?

Honestly 42nd - I really don't know everything - there are 3 skin types (enviromentally damaged, pigmentation and problem ie acne skin) and this may come under problem... the girls in Nimue will be able to answer you I am sure... or someone on here that has done the training...

Like the sound of that - will have to get some info from them. I'm going to the OSNS in Leeds tomorrow, does anyone know if you can just pop in to Nimue as I know they are in the same building?

Hi there - Nimue is opposite in the Creative Nail Academy building - I am sure they can help!

In my salon we use natures way skin products. They are a mid-range, a little more expensive than salon system or ellsions, but not as expensive a sdermalogica. We chose to use them as we were first opening up, had a tight budget to stick to, and my business partner had used them in a previous salon and really like the products. They are all natural ingredients, lots of fruits extracts, and they smell yummy!

Susan Molyneux for me

xxxx

Thanks for all your help, I'll give Nimue and SM a call in the morning for info.
I looked at the BABTEC forum but quite a few seemed more intent in having a rant & rave at each others recommendations, although I did find out some useful info.
Hopefully I'll be a little nearer deciding tomorrow.
Night all, and thanks.
NailGlitz

I use Biocol, they have a fantastic range and there is no start up fee. Their products are on a par with Clarins as they are made up from natural plant extracts. They also do a complete body range and a retail range for you to sell to the clients.

http://www.biocol.co.uk/

Hope this has helped x

http://www.biocol.co.uk/

Hi nail glitz!

When I started up, I had to choose between CND or really good facial products and the nails won (i had to do it because the training at college was terrible, even the lecturer told us she couldn't do them!).

Otherwise, I would have gone with p8n8. They have two start-up costs, either £600 or £950 or round about that anyway and the products have oxygen in them. Once I get a few more clients and finish the range that I started up with (from salon services), I will definitely be ordering from them.

In my Salon we use
Decleor
Guinot
Germaine De -capuccini - This one is my favourite expensive but really works
my clients love it .They know that they get what they pay for and don't mind paying more for the better product.

RUBY

Otherwise, I would have gone with p8n8. They have two start-up costs, either £600 or £950 or round about that anyway and the products have oxygen in them. Once I get a few more clients and finish the range that I started up with (from salon services), I will definitely be ordering from them.

P8N8 have an offer on now for £120 to get started with their mini facial without training but with the option to add that on. I think that's very affordable. I'm pretty sure I'm going for it. I have yet to find anything else that impresses me.

Hi,

Im still training in college at the moment but we use Dermalogica producst and to be honest they are well worth the money. Especially if the clinet is using the products at home as well. If you are finding it hard to afford the line why not start on another system until you have gained a clientel and then you can change to dermalogica. To be honest facials are very very rare. I hardly ever do them!

Has anyone hear of Collin products or Australian Body Care? what are these products like, are they cheap or do they still work as good as others.

Thank you, would appreciate your views :hug:

Hi nailglitz and everyone,
I would say its a nightmare when I started 12years ago I had the advantage when my old now closed salon put me on elemis training in harrow in london. That outlay is about 5k now!!! But if you look on ebay there are salons closing down constantly with unused products. I recommend elemis and Guinot but initial outlay is expensive so look around ebay etc. Also it pays to get friendly with a few reps of the companies!! Hope this helps!! x

Latest posts

Back