Beauty qualifications for America?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachylady

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
There's a chance my husband might get a new job in Atlanta, America. I have NVQ level 2 & VCTC level 3. Would these qualifications be accepted over there? Grateful for any help you can give. Thank you :)

I'm not sure about transferring but I know the qualification here is very different than yours is now. Here we have more categories instead of levels. I would recommend looking what area you match closest and call that department for help.
Barber- covers clipper and scissor hair cuts, color, shaving, perm, relaxers.
Nail tech- natural, acrylic, and gel nails. Pedicures.
Estition- skin care, facials, waxing, also Botox if working with a MD.
Cosmetologist- clipper and scissor cuts, men's and women's color, perms, relaxers, all nails, skin care, facials, waxing.

I'm not sure about transferring but I know the qualification here is very different than yours is now. Here we have more categories instead of levels. I would recommend looking what area you match closest and call that department for help.
Barber- covers clipper and scissor hair cuts, color, shaving, perm, relaxers.
Nail tech- natural, acrylic, and gel nails. Pedicures.
Estition- skin care, facials, waxing, also Botox if working with a MD.
Cosmetologist- clipper and scissor cuts, men's and women's color, perms, relaxers, all nails, skin care, facials, waxing.
Thank you! Do you have many waxing salons? Think I would like to specialize in that area if it was at all possible [emoji3]

Thank you! Do you have many waxing salons? Think I would like to specialize in that area if it was at all possible [emoji3]
I rent a room where I only do waxing but I'm not sure how common that is. Most estitions offer skin care and waxing just too keep a full book. I get away with it as I also barber on the weekends.

I rent a room where I only do waxing but I'm not sure how common that is. Most estitions offer skin care and waxing just too keep a full book. I get away with it as I also barber on the weekends.
Thank you for the information :) Are you busy?

Thank you for the information :) Are you busy?
Not really. I just started waxing about six months ago and I am only making enough to cover rent, supplies and a tiny bit take home.

Not really. I just started waxing about six months ago and I am only making enough to cover rent, supplies and a tiny bit take home.
Good luck with your new business [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back