Beauty room in a men's barber? Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy's

Reaction score
could this work? i'll be offering nails and spray tanning to start with. shop is in the centre of our village and guy who owns the barber shop said I would be targeting mums that comes with their kids and we can put sign outside.

Any advice appreciated?

There is another geek in here who has done a similar thing. Dukeofyork Maybe try and speak to her as she maybe able to point you in the right direction, I have a feeling it wasn't easy x

I would think very carefully about this especially if you are having to lay out any kind of serious money.

If I did a Google search for a tan or nails in your area and there were other salons close by to you, you would be the last one I would choose, purely because of your location.

Is there a separate entrance for your clients to come through or do they have to walk through past the barber clients?

hi thanks for advice, one entrance for all. so past barber's.:irked:

hi thanks for advice, one entrance for all. so past barber's.:irked:

Hmm, So what is your gut feeling about this?

We often don't listen to it but it is usually trying hard to advise us lol.

I think it's a 50/50 chance. My friend said I could try it out, but I;m confused. Going to speak to the owner on Monday, and take it from there. I don't know if women will find having to walk trough barber an issue!!

:hug:

I am also wondering about the target audience - Mums taking their children in for hair cuts.

Not saying this segment of the market do not take care of themselves!!! But Mums with younger children do often find themselves at the bottom of the list when it comes to spending money on themselves.

Also wondering how many Mum's frequent this place and how often?

Could you do a little marketing research at the Barber's shop, would it be possible for you to visit for a few hours at the times when Mums would generally visit and do a straw poll?

Good luck my lovely whatever you decide.

Jacqui xx

Great idea Jacqui.

Thanks sooooo much for your time.

Poppy x x

Great idea Jacqui.

Thanks sooooo much for your time.

Poppy x x

Fingers crossed for you and remember that if it's meant for you it won't pass you by!

xx

Hey.

As was mentioned i have recently opened a ladies hair salon within the barber's so a little different to beauty but i will give you the benefit of my experience.
I have been there 4 months so far and it has been slow and the biggest problem i have had is changing peoples minds that we are not just a barber's
Being a guy too people automatically think i am a barber rather than a ladies stylist

Anyhow i should answer your question and stop rambling lol
The best thing to do is do a business plan. Write it all down in black and white and see where your market is. Visit the shop and speak to people before opening do your research! opening a new venture is hard enough so all the research is needed to help you understand the possible problems you may face.

On the plus side don't forget the men offering them manis and pedis brow and other waxing is big business and you have a captive audience!

In my experience its much harder work to change something into what you want it to be rather than utilizing something for what it is

Best of luck

P.s if this doesn't make sence its because im doing it on my phone and its a nightmare lol

Latest posts

Back