Beauty room with shower AND electric sockets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolaluise

Reaction score
I am in the process of appointing all workmen to get a salon fitted. Only the electrician has now said he wont be able to fit an electric shower into a beauty room because there is several sockets in there and there needs to be 7meters distance between the shower and a socket.

Now obviously i have seen plenty of beauty rooms containing both so how did you geeks get around this?

Thanks in advance all :D xx

do you mean the shower will be open in the room as in a wet room style or that there will be a separate room for the shower?

It'll be a cubicle with a glass door on the front, so not open but not a room within a room either, if that makes sense xx

It'll be a cubicle with a glass door on the front, so not open but not a room within a room either, if that makes sense xx

Ask him to install GFCI outlets (plugs). these are made to go near water. These are the common outlets you find in bathrooms/kitchens. If water accidentally gets inside the plug the plug will "trip" and you just press the reset button, usually best to let it dry out 24hrs and then reset. No damage or fire risk

If he doesn't want to install these, move on and find another electrician! :)

Ask him to install GFCI outlets (plugs). these are made to go near water. These are the common outlets you find in bathrooms/kitchens. If water accidentally gets inside the plug the plug will "trip" and you just press the reset button, usually best to let it dry out 24hrs and then reset. No damage or fire risk

If he doesn't want to install these, move on and find another electrician! :)

Thanks so much, i'll certainly mention it to him. I agree if he doesn't want to do it someone else will!

I installed a wet room in my spa and it has 4 GFCI sockets in it, they are all encased either in a plastic type box or heavy plastic cover designed for this purpose. I have ceiling and sunken lights too. This was part of the building code and your builder should know what to do.

Reading your post I instantly thought, I would personally looking for a more knowledgeable builder/electrician.

Latest posts

Back