Beauty salon - no extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hi

I am opening on the 10th April (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!) Anyway I do not offer nail extensions/overlays etc - mearly because I am not trained and dont have the time at the moment to give training my full attention. Do you think people would avoid me because of this?

Do I need to be able to recommend somewhere for people to go?

your help is much appriciated

thanks becki xxx

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. There are plenty of people who have waxing, facials etc but who have never had/wanted nail extensions. Promote what you CAN do and lots of good luck for the 10th! :hug:

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. There are plenty of people who have waxing, facials etc but who have never had/wanted nail extensions. Promote what you CAN do and lots of good luck for the 10th! :hug:

I agree with Debbie.Promote what you do already.
I offer nail enhancements but i never go out of my way to promoto these .
Actually clients are surprised when i say that they are on the treatment menu.

Promote your treatments you offer and im sure you will do well.:Kissing:
Bonne chance:)

How about renting a space to someone who can that way you can concentrate on what you can do and still make some money from enhancements.

I was considering renting space - but because its not even open yet I thought i'd see how i go.

Also I don't know anything about extensions so when I interviewed someone for space how do i know if they r good? obviously i dont want someone crappy in my salon?

becki xxx

hiya bexi, i'm opening on the tenth too! i don't do extensions either and so i've got details to give out for a nail tech i know from personal experience to be top notch! (blossom), works both ways, maybe you could find a local tech and promote each other, win win situation, hth xx and good luck for the 10th xx

The hair salon I go to has 3 large beauty rooms and do lots of treatments,but the only thing thing do in terms of hands is "shape and polish" and they are always fully booked! good luck hun xx

good luck estherlou may 10th April be the BEST day ever x

Firstly, good luck on the 10th.:hug: If you do diside to rent a table out you could say you want a creative trained tech with 2 years experience, this post would suit someone with existing client base who is wanting to expand. But I think your thinking is sound, open first and see if there is a demand. I rented table space from a woman who had three shops in different towns and because the other two did well with nail techs she assumed the N'ton one would to, I was the third tech to try her luck there and the third to walk, the demand just wasn't there. Don't forget to put pics up of your salon, we like pics:lol:

can i just post piccys here?

Thanks honey, my sentiments exactly xx
:green: :hug:
good luck estherlou may 10th April be the BEST day ever x

Latest posts

Back