Beauty shows, worth saving for?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonb44

Reaction score
Hi,i have recently qualified and am off to my first beauty show with my hard earnt cash to hopefully grab some bargains for my new business!
Are there good reductions/prices at these shows to be had,as obviously there are so many good deals online.
Will it be a good idea to take my little suitcase or am i better to sit at home and do it all online??
Thank you

Hi,i have recently qualified and am off to my first beauty show with my hard earnt cash to hopefully grab some bargains for my new business!
Are there good reductions/prices at these shows to be had,as obviously there are so many good deals online.
Will it be a good idea to take my little suitcase or am i better to sit at home and do it all online??
Thank you

Hi Sharonb44 :)

Aww I love the beauty shows!! I would definitely go as i think they are a great place to see products and get a bit of a feel for whats out there on the market.

I would do a little bit of research first like who will be exhibiting and what kind of things you want to buy/see and how much you want/have to spend. You can get some great deals at trade shows but most of them will extend the show offer for a few days after or have a promo code for their websites. I only say do a little bit of research first because im a great one for impulse spending haha and its so easy to get caught up in other peoples excitement and sales pitches.

Like i say it a really good opportunity to ask questions and sometimes get a little bit of a feel for the products and things. And Yes i always take a little suitcase on wheels just in case :)

Enjoy xx

What Bing Fairy said lol!
Shows are a good way to meet suppliers and see if they are right for you and your business.
Definitely check who will be there and prioritise who you want to check out, and make a list of what you definitely need as impulse buys can end up taking all your money!

Totally agree with Bing Fairy and izzidoll, I have been to many shows and the deals to be had there are really good and the buzz there is great, I may only be an insurance adviser but the atmosphere of these shows to me that it must be a great industry to be in.

I'm not beauty, I'm hair, but been to Salon international 3 times and it can be a nightmare on the purse lol. You go with set things you NEED and end up with X3 extra bags of stuff you didn't need but wanted lol.

My advise is set a strict budget for yourself, with a reserve. Food and drinks at these places can be astronomical. All in all it will be a fantastic atmosphere so enjoy

Latest posts

Back