Beauty therapy training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KelsNails

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Could you please give me some advice on training to become a beuaty therapist. I have already taken a couple of courses in man & ped and enhancements at my local college and I can't say that I was impressed with the training that I received so I am a bit wary about doing the NVQ level 2 course in beuaty therapy with the college.

Is training in college the best way to go for beuty therapy? Or are there independant trainers that offer a better service? What are your experiences?

Thanks

Hi Geeks,

Could you please give me some advice on training to become a beuaty therapist. I have already taken a couple of courses in man & ped and enhancements at my local college and I can't say that I was impressed with the training that I received so I am a bit wary about doing the NVQ level 2 course in beuaty therapy with the college.

Is training in college the best way to go for beuty therapy? Or are there independant trainers that offer a better service? What are your experiences?

Thanks

Hi KelsNails

I know what you mean. I did my nvq2 in beauty at college and although I thought it was OK i have since found that it only really gave me back ground knowledge and not enough to equip me for working in a salon.

I am doing some more training at a private college that offers short courses with assessments after they have been practiced, now I have some hours in a salon i feel that this would be of greater benefit. I am going to do these courses at Pinks in Derby.

See the below for there website.

click here

HTH

I agree, I think beauty therapy nvq2 in college gives you a great overall foundation, then any parts you are interested in, or if you are mobile, treatments you find popular, you could do more private training hthx

i am doing an itec in beauty therapy as i was told that this is more advanced than nvq

I did my beauty therapy at college and thought it was great it depends on the tutor i think i had a great tutor who pushed us and if we wasnt happy with anything we just practiced till we got it right.I havnt had to do any more training regarding beauty therapy i just do more training with the nails.

I really enjoyed by beauty therapy Level 2 at college.

You learn so much, however, it is all down to you to keep on practising the treaments which you want to offer in your salon or do mobile, like waxing for example.

My course was only one whole day a week, and we crammed in a alot in the one year of the course.

Personally, I'd prefer to do beauty stuff at college rather than courses in other places.

Hi Geeks,

Could you please give me some advice on training to become a beuaty therapist. I

Hi Kel
Did you do your training at Walsall college? If you didn't like it there I would suggest that you try The College of Food and arts in Birmingham City Centre
they have a really good reputation and all of the work experience girls i have had from there have known what they are doing .
I can't reccomend North Birmingham /Sutton college as I hear nothing but complaints about them .

Ruby

Hi hun, i did my training at sandwell (west bromwich) college, the salons arent brill as they have been there some years but i couldnt fault my tutors they were brill, the best thing to do is to give a few a ring and found out more xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If its something you want to do quickly try www.thebeautyacademy.org they do all the holistic stuff as well. They also do correspondence courses so you could do them from home. Their diplomas can get you insurance too. A friend did the body massage and couldn't praise them enough.

I did my NVQ L2 in Beauty Therapy at college & thouht it was fab, i learnt loads & felt confident to carry out the treatments once i had finished the course xxx

Latest posts

Back