Becoming a lash extension trainer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em79

Reaction score
Hi
I do lash extensions in my salon and have a large client base for them. I totally live doing the lashes and I've found it's like my area as it just came natural to me and I even do my own lash extensions.
Anyway sorry for waffling on :) I really want to become an eyelash extension trainer and offer training in my salon by me.

Can anyone please give me done advice as to how to go about it etc

X

Go and enrol on a PTLLS course at your local college, as it is a basic requirement for teaching adults x

Go and enrol on a PTLLS course at your local college, as it is a basic requirement for teaching adults x

Hello, once you have completed this can you then train people?

Thanks!

Yes you can, I'm almost finished mine. Isn't as easy as you might think though and id strongly recommend doing it through your local college rather than online x

As already said you first need your PTTLLS qualification as a minimum teaching qualification.

You then need to decide if you want to train on behalf of a company or train independently.

If you want to train on behalf of a company you once you have your min teaching qualification and done so many years (most companies these days prefer min 2/3 years prior lashing qualification & experience) then you can set about applying to various companies.

If you want to train independently once you have done your PTTLLS you need to then first write your lash course along with all the relevant health and safety req applicable to said course. Write a lesson plan and submit this to your chosen accreditation body ie The Guild, ABT, Babtac etc etc etc once they have approved your course and you have paid the applicable accreditation fee and bought trainers insurance then you are good to go.

I just thought I should fill in the blanks as there is a bit more to the process than just doing the PTTLLS course.

Best of luck with it all.

Hiya, just wanted to ask how u manage to dour own? I'm intrigued, I'd love to be able to do my own! X

Hiya, just wanted to ask how u manage to dour own? I'm intrigued, I'd love to be able to do my own! X

Hi

Im not sure what you mean by "do your own"? Do you mean do your own lashes or write your own courses?

As already said you first need your PTTLLS qualification as a minimum teaching qualification.

You then need to decide if you want to train on behalf of a company or train independently.

If you want to train on behalf of a company you once you have your min teaching qualification and done so many years (most companies these days prefer min 2/3 years prior lashing qualification & experience) then you can set about applying to various companies.

If you want to train independently once you have done your PTTLLS you need to then first write your lash course along with all the relevant health and safety req applicable to said course. Write a lesson plan and submit this to your chosen accreditation body ie The Guild, ABT, Babtac etc etc etc once they have approved your course and you have paid the applicable accreditation fee and bought trainers insurance then you are good to go.

I just thought I should fill in the blanks as there is a bit more to the process than just doing the PTTLLS course.

Best of luck with it all.

Hi Leemac, are you an eyelash trainer? I wondered if you could shed a light on which level PTLLS is best to do! 3 or 4? Thanks!

Hi Bespoke Eyelash

Apologies for taking so long to reply, I have only just seen this.

Yes I am a trainer. I would do the level 4 where possible. To honest there is only three differences between the level 3 and the level 4, one is the word count, in level 4 you need a higher word count per assignment. Another difference is the referencing, in level 4 you need to use harvard style referencing within the assignments. Its not difficult at all once you get your head around it. Level 4 has an additional one or may two small assignments (i think) this is from memory so forgive me.

However if you contact the accreditation body you intend to accredit your courses with and they have no requirement with regards to level 3 or 4 then the choice is yours. The companies I went with insisted on a level 4 qualification but I don't think they all do.

Regardless of if you intend to write your own courses or not its a good qualification to have.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the response :) xx

Hi Geeks,

How did you all get on doing the pttles course? I Have 4.5 years in lashes and really looking to expand my career.

look forward to your replies

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
I do lash extensions in my salon and have a large client base for them. I totally live doing the lashes and I've found it's like my area as it just came natural to me and I even do my own lash extensions.
Anyway sorry for waffling on :) I really want to become an eyelash extension trainer and offer training in my salon by me.

Can anyone please give me done advice as to how to go about it etc

X

The most difficult part is getting students.
Its ok doing PTTLS etc and getting courses accredited getting training insurance that just needs writing and paying for which costs time and money, then you need to get bookings and think how you would do this.

Hi i wanted to know where do I find PTTLLS courses i searched google for some locally but didnt get anywhere

I done mines at my college as a 12 week night time course xx

Hi i wanted to know where do I find PTTLLS courses i searched google for some locally but didnt get anywhere

It's UK based education and training so I think you'll need to search for something relevant to your State in the US. Maybe contact your nearest Cosmetology school for advice?

Hey, did anyone follow through with their goals?? I'd love to ask you some questions xx

Hey, did anyone follow through with their goals?? I'd love to ask you some questions xx
I am happy to help if you want to message me? x

Hi Bespoke Eyelash

Apologies for taking so long to reply, I have only just seen this.

Yes I am a trainer. I would do the level 4 where possible. To honest there is only three differences between the level 3 and the level 4, one is the word count, in level 4 you need a higher word count per assignment. Another difference is the referencing, in level 4 you need to use harvard style referencing within the assignments. Its not difficult at all once you get your head around it. Level 4 has an additional one or may two small assignments (i think) this is from memory so forgive me.

However if you contact the accreditation body you intend to accredit your courses with and they have no requirement with regards to level 3 or 4 then the choice is yours. The companies I went with insisted on a level 4 qualification but I don't think they all do.

Regardless of if you intend to write your own courses or not its a good qualification to have.
#

Thanks for detailed info. Are these American or British requirements?

Latest posts

Back