Becoming an accredited trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil lisa

Reaction score
Does anyone know much about becoming an accredited training provider? I'm am interested in applying to The Guild once i have done my lecturer course. I have my own salon but work alone and want to do short 1-2 day courses from the salon such as manicure, gel nails etc. I know this can be done but am i able to use any products or do i need to get permission from the companies whose products i wish to use in my training?
For example, i work with IBD gel and would prefer to teach using this gel. Obviously my certificates would state gel nails and not the brand used and have the logo of the training provider but is that enough? :confused:

The best thing to do is talk to my colleague Denise who handles the accreditation at the Guild. Her telephone number is 0845 2177 385 or you can email her at [email protected].

Denise will be able to talk you through what you need to do depending on what stage you are at.

To be an accredited trainer with the Guild you must first of all have a teaching qualification. Then you need to write your courses and submit the course manuals to us along with a completed application pack and copies of your certificates.

Does anyone know much about becoming an accredited training provider? I'm am interested in applying to The Guild once i have done my lecturer course. I have my own salon but work alone and want to do short 1-2 day courses from the salon such as manicure, gel nails etc. I know this can be done but am i able to use any products or do i need to get permission from the companies whose products i wish to use in my training?
For example, i work with IBD gel and would prefer to teach using this gel. Obviously my certificates would state gel nails and not the brand used and have the logo of the training provider but is that enough? :confused:

I don't think IBD would be very happy with this ;).

If you want to actually train using IBD and use IBD's training methods you would have to be one of their Educators. Who knows they may be looking for some in your area so why not contact them.

I don't think IBD would be very happy with this ;).

If you want to actually train using IBD and use IBD's training methods you would have to be one of their Educators. Who knows they may be looking for some in your area so why not contact them.

This is what i thought. I don't want to work for another company, employed or otherwise so think it's best to leave the gel nails and do training in other treatments. :)

Thanks Louise i will contact your colleague

The best thing to do is talk to my colleague Denise who handles the accreditation at the Guild. Her telephone number is 0845 2177 385 or you can email her at [email protected].

Denise will be able to talk you through what you need to do depending on what stage you are at.

To be an accredited trainer with the Guild you must first of all have a teaching qualification. Then you need to write your courses and submit the course manuals to us along with a completed application pack and copies of your certificates.

hi I really hope im not being too cheeky contacting you The Guild!...but could you please confirm this for me...I want to become a trainer in short 1 -2 day courses... I know I need level 3 education and training....do I need to have an assessors qual?..or do I get my level 3 then go about manuals, accreditation & certificates? .please could you basically list the route I take or clarify this, feeling a little simple right now :)...

hi I really hope im not being too cheeky contacting you The Guild!...but could you please confirm this for me...I want to become a trainer in short 1 -2 day courses... I know I need level 3 education and training....do I need to have an assessors qual?..or do I get my level 3 then go about manuals, accreditation & certificates? .please could you basically list the route I take or clarify this, feeling a little simple right now :)...

The Guild have been absent from the site since last October, so it may be quicker for you to write to them directly via their website, or call them when their offices re-open on Monday.

The Guild have been absent from the site since last October, so it may be quicker for you to write to them directly via their website, or call them when their offices re-open on Monday.

Oops :), thank you hun x

Latest posts

Back