Before and after - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures aren't great because she really didn't want her face seen, but yes I used a closure and fitted with a micro sew in and a little tape on the front section. Its completely undetectable I'm amazed every time I see her xx

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Where did you get the closure from? It really is seamless, you're so talented! Xx

raga3aha.jpg

250g bonds

e2adanad.jpg

150g micro weave

u4y5y7y4.jpg

200g micro weave

a3abe2yb.jpg

180g bonds

All double drawn Brazilian hair

Love seeing your work! Always gorgeous

Where did you get the closure from? It really is seamless, you're so talented! Xx

I cringe to say it, but it was an eBay purchase, virgin Brazilian closure, I dyed it to get it like a 99j and it still felt beautiful so I was pleasantly surprised!

I'm having a crisis of confidence at the mo, this morning one of my very short to long transformations came in close to tears saying she can't adjust to the length (she did say it wasn't a fitting problem, just that she's had really short hair since she was 12 and felt 'witchy' with long hair) I suggested we cut them to shoulder length and have a lovely thick look, that feels a more comfortable length, and booked her in for my first available appointment in a few days , but shes removed them herself tonight 😔
And a fitting I did today is complaining her head is tender, (a normal side effect, particularly with this method) , she has never had extensions fitted and opted for a weft fitting and two packs of hair, so her poor head is probably in for a few uncomfortable nights. Its her wedding on Saturday and she was originally booked for last week but kept pushing her appointment back, I wanted her in well in advance of her wedding to allow time for her head to adjust but now I'm worried all she'll remember about the day is her poor head! On the plus side she's not in pain, I did explain there would be tenderness, just feel disheartened that it's all happening on the same day 😣

I cringe to say it, but it was an eBay purchase, virgin Brazilian closure, I dyed it to get it like a 99j and it still felt beautiful so I was pleasantly surprised!

I'm having a crisis of confidence at the mo, this morning one of my very short to long transformations came in close to tears saying she can't adjust to the length (she did say it wasn't a fitting problem, just that she's had really short hair since she was 12 and felt 'witchy' with long hair) I suggested we cut them to shoulder length and have a lovely thick look, that feels a more comfortable length, and booked her in for my first available appointment in a few days , but shes removed them herself tonight 😔
And a fitting I did today is complaining her head is tender, (a normal side effect, particularly with this method) , she has never had extensions fitted and opted for a weft fitting and two packs of hair, so her poor head is probably in for a few uncomfortable nights. Its her wedding on Saturday and she was originally booked for last week but kept pushing her appointment back, I wanted her in well in advance of her wedding to allow time for her head to adjust but now I'm worried all she'll remember about the day is her poor head! On the plus side she's not in pain, I did explain there would be tenderness, just feel disheartened that it's all happening on the same day 😣

Aww I don't think that's anything to do with you though she just can't get used to it so I wouldn't worry! I'm sure she'll be so occupied by everything that's going on she won't even notice any discomfort! You're brilliant don't get yourself down! Well if you coloured it without bleaching then that proves it was true virgin hair?

Yes it seemed to be, I bought two so I could test the other and its beautiful hair considering.
I'm such an anxious person, I take everything so personally when both have been so lovely
Heres one from today

Attachments

• 1411591532855.jpg
    1411591532855.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 217

Aww don't be put off Hun your work is beautiful, I had a lady who went from mega short to a long bob who removed them herself after a week because she couldn't get used to it either, it's just one of them things, and I'm sure by Saturday your bride will be feeling a lot better my head is mega tender after I have my micro weft installed but after around 2-3 days and a good wash it feels amazing! Don't doubt yourself I love looking at your transformations!! X

Yes it seemed to be, I bought two so I could test the other and its beautiful hair considering.
I'm such an anxious person, I take everything so personally when both have been so lovely
Heres one from today

See! That's brilliant! Don't put yourself down. You're probably just having a bad day and you'll be fine once you've slept. New day tomorrow!

Don't be hard on yourself. Your work is amazing and you handle yourself very professionally (as evidenced recently in dealing with image theft). There will always be clients who, for whatever reason can't get along with the new look or feel of extensions. It's such a big change. Tomorrow will be good and you'll feel much better. Let the bride settle in to them. If push really comes to shove you could always make her wefts in to clip ins for her? Remember, your work is so good, people want to say they did it😱😂🙈xx

Aww thanks so much guys. I love the support on here xx

Russian microweft. 22 inch and 18 inch to give a natural layered effect ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411633071.792164.jpg

Feeling better today, I loosened bride to be up and trimmed and blended as I originally wanted and she apologised for not letting me do my job yesterday (shes a hairdresser who thought she knew best) so that was a relief,
Here's two from today,
Both angel remy 150g wefts, only used 3/4 on the blonde ombre

Attachments

• 1411658396885.jpg
    1411658396885.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 1411658408045.jpg
    1411658408045.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 164
Feeling better today, I loosened bride to be up and trimmed and blended as I originally wanted and she apologised for not letting me do my job yesterday (shes a hairdresser who thought she knew best) so that was a relief,
Here's two from today,
Both angel remy 150g wefts, only used 3/4 on the blonde ombre

Fab x

Recent x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi may I ask if the curl on those extensions is a perm or can you purchase hair that curly (blonde)?

Hi, this is a pic my client has sent, she'd like this ombre. I'm thinking of euphoria 6a Brazilian but Im an angel remy 1g user. Has anyone used both brands & how do they compare?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411662815.371314.jpg

Hi Getglam-The hair itself is gorgeous, but the bonds make me a little nervous as they are a little waxy and totally different to the bonds AR use-maybe this has changed though as it's been a good 3 months since I last used their Brazilian x

Bride is back, shes saying shes in pain, obviously I told her to expect tenderness for a few days but she says its making her sick, I loosened all 4 rows this morning and she left feeling much better (yes 4, she insisted on using 2 full packs of remy couture 150g wefts, her hair is really thick and the sections are clean and with enough hair to prevent damage)
Shes asked me to remove them tomorrow morning as shes scared of hair loss, but mostly of the pain being a problem on the wedding on Saturday.
I think the added stress of her wedding is causing her to feel more discomfort than usual, along with the fact that there's soo much hair in there,
She has sew in micro wefts and given that I loosened it today I have reassurance that her hair and scalp is not under any unnecessary strain.
I just need reassurance, is this likely to be her head adjusting to the weight and the added stress shes putting on herself (hair and wedding) or is this a fitting problem? Xx

Bride is back, shes saying shes in pain, obviously I told her to expect tenderness for a few days but she says its making her sick, I loosened all 4 rows this morning and she left feeling much better (yes 4, she insisted on using 2 full packs of remy couture 150g wefts, her hair is really thick and the sections are clean and with enough hair to prevent damage)
Shes asked me to remove them tomorrow morning as shes scared of hair loss, but mostly of the pain being a problem on the wedding on Saturday.
I think the added stress of her wedding is causing her to feel more discomfort than usual, along with the fact that there's soo much hair in there,
She has sew in micro wefts and given that I loosened it today I have reassurance that her hair and scalp is not under any unnecessary strain.
I just need reassurance, is this likely to be her head adjusting to the weight and the added stress shes putting on herself (hair and wedding) or is this a fitting problem? Xx

Tbh you would know yourself if this was a fitting issue. You are trained, experienced and busy! I think you said this was her first try at extensions? IMO wefts, regardless of the installation method are the hardest to wear. I hate wearing wefts and don't even like wearing micro rings, despite the amazing results. I stick to tapes but have clients wearing all three methods. I'm sure as beans that the stress of the wedding, coupled with wearing new extensions is the issue here. Not your fitting. Take a step back and read all your posts as if I had posted them. Xx

If she wants them removed then definitely suggest turning them in to clip ins if you have any clips to hand.

Thanks guys, its just shaken me,
Shes responded saying she feels better again already and may keep them in after all, I've reassured her that there were no tension spots or redness when I loosed them this morning, but reinforced that tenderness is normal.
I've also offered to be available earlier tomorrow to remove should she change her mind again.
I won't hold my breath just yet
I need to have faith in myself. Thanks again my lovely geeks xx

anaby8eb.jpg

It was so hard to get a good photo of these but this was 200g of 30" double drawn Brazilian hair

Latest posts

Back