Being a qualified barber

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rees

Reaction score
Hello

I have just sent off my application form to do NVQ 2 and 3 Barbering next term at my local college, I was told after completing NVQ Level 3 Barbering i would be then fully qualified, i just wanted to know more about being protected with insurance against any mishaps if i decided to go mobile.

U don't need to worry about insurance while your training in college. But when uve qualified and if your going freelance u will need public liability insurance. It can range from £45 for the year upwards. If u want insurance to do mobile while ur not qualified u can expect to pay a lot more or some companies may not insure u at all. Hope that helps :)

U don't need to worry about insurance while your training in college. But when uve qualified and if your going freelance u will need public liability insurance. It can range from £45 for the year upwards. If u want insurance to do mobile while ur not qualified u can expect to pay a lot more or some companies may not insure u at all. Hope that helps :)

Hi thanks

I was told that i wouldn't be qualified until i completed level 3, so that wont be until my second year at college i know most people go mobile straight after being qualified, but i think it would be better to get
some experiance working in a shop before going mobile.

Hi thanks

I was told that i wouldn't be qualified until i completed level 3, so that wont be until my second year at college i know most people go mobile straight after being qualified, but i think it would be better to get
some experiance working in a shop before going mobile.
Absolutely! It's great getting experience in salon and really helps build your confidence.. It's also reassuring to have the support of work colleagues in your early years! :)

If you are employed by someone, they take care of insurance.. Unless your self employed within the salon (eg, rent a chair) then its upto you to sort cover. All the best! :)

Latest posts

Back