Being ill & clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlou06

Reaction score
Typical the beginning of the week I was really quiet then Friday & today I'm manic but with a streaming cold!

More clients wanted to book in but I just felt horrendous & re booked them.

This is my first year of being open so feel I can't take a sick day yet!

I did douse myself up to the mac & wore a face mask whilst treating clients but our job is just the worst to have a cold with!

What do you guys do? 😷

I give my clients the choice and always let them know if I have a cold etc. However, a lot of my clients are receiving chemotherapy (massage/reflexology) so I need to give them choice as their immune systems are compromised.

You are only human. If you are ill, you are ill.
If your clients were poorly they would cancel and rebook, so if you need to do the same it cannot be helped.

As above, I let clients know if I have a cold and so they have the choice if they would like the rebook.

Dont panic xx

I was in the same position when I had a salon. I felt I had to be there and couldn't let anyone down! I never had a day off due to sickness! But I did you as you are and wore a face mask, and was extra careful to wash my hands and use hand sanitisers more frequently. If clients preferred to rebook then that wasn't a problem.

I am lucky I only get sick once a year if that, but I can't work with a cold last time I was out for a week with fever etc as self-employed it hit hard but my clients all understood that I didn't want them catching it. Actually think I might have caught it off clients as they kept coming in sick. I will refuse to massage anyone with symptoms unless it's towards the end of the cold,flu.

This is the scary thing when your on your own no work no money!

Latest posts

Back