Being mobile & snow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mine u ,ur,, 2 etc its just abreviations and we all know what they are saying so does it really matter? Can't stand full on slang though :(

Its for users from other countries who have to use other sites such as google translate (something I use quite often as I find a lot of what I find online is in a foreign language to mine), and sites like that won't fill in the blanks so u still comes up as u, which is French or Spanish or Japanese isn't a letter associated with an abbreviation of the word you. Xoxo

I can't comment on driving in the snow, I only took my test in June and I don't have a car at the moment so I've never done it but, knowing what my road is like when it snows I think i'd be tempted to move my car down onto the main road when it starts going so at least if I do need to go anywhere I know I can at least get out. Having said that I think no one should travel in bad conditions unless they REALLY need to. As said by someone else, there's enough strain on the emergency services as it is and even the most confident driver can't predict whether they will go off the road, or even if another driver goes off track straight into them.
So i think if I was in the position of being mobile i'd either walk to clients houses where I could, if they were close enough and with minimal products or I'd cancel unless they were willing to risk coming to me - in which case it's their choice to take the risk (i'd also tell them to park on the main road and walk up so they can get back out again

But think of Canada, their snow is much worse than here but the country doesn't shut down ever.

Ha! This made me laugh so much! I thinks it's because we're used to snow BUT there are areas that panic none the less. Look at Toronto, Ontario, few years back they got 10cm in the downtown core. Their not equipped for that much snow and the whole city shut down. Here in Montreal, Quebec we got 47cm two weeks ago and everyone was out and about like normal :p

No treatment is worth getting into an accident or worse. Yes we Brits are rubbish when it comes to a bit of snow, we don't have snow tyres, chains or properly gritted roads. Even if you're confident there's loads out there who panic and stop on an incline (meaning everyone behind them can't gain momentum to get up it or turn the wheel the wrong way if they slide) we have a small hill that gets like an ice rink and that's when I can even get out of my drive! It's just not worth it.

Sorry if I offended you by using "u" I'm dyslexic and am so used to riting slag while my thumbs are going ten to the dozen righting this on my phone. So please accept this as my apologises if I miss-spell or use text slang in future. Like I said I don't mean to offend any one x

No problem about the mis-spelling. Just don't use text slang in future....forum rules.

Latest posts

Back