Being put under the dryer for colour/highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corkrose

Reaction score
Guys sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but changed salons a while ago and got colour and highlights done for the first time in the new place. In my old place they would put on the highlights and then the colour. I sat there till they washed it out.

In the new place they put in the highlights. Put me under a hairdryer hood, they then washed my hair and dried it. They then applied the colour, put me under the heat again .

I am just wondering why I was put under the heat? It didn't seem to speed things up? I am not complaining I am just wondering?

Guys sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but changed salons a while ago and got colour and highlights done for the first time in the new place. In my old place they would put on the highlights and then the colour. I sat there till they washed it out.

In the new place they put in the highlights. Put me under a hairdryer hood, they then washed my hair and dried it. They then applied the colour, put me under the heat again .

I am just wondering why I was put under the heat? It didn't seem to speed things up? I am not complaining I am just wondering?

How strange.:eek:

people used to use heat to speed up the rest of the hair, but its not recommended now xoxo

Heat can be used to speed up the processing of hair chemical services such as colour, lightener and permanent waving. It can also help colour take more effectively. A lot of manufacturers do not recommend it, however, although it was commonly done where I lived in the States. There are appliances known as processors dedicated to this purpose, though a dryer is sometimes used also.

Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Back