Best colour for grey coverage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levi28s

Reaction score
i have a client who I'm struggling to get coverage on, her hairs almost 100 percent white/grey! She's just looking for it to go a natural blonde but anything I seem to use just won't budge the white!! Any suggestions??
I used clynol 10.03 last time was no good, I have used a base 9 still no good! Anything I have used just doesn't seem to budge the white completely!! I don't have this problem with any other clients and it's very frustrating!! Any tips would be appreciated!! X

I have the same problem with my sisters hair! It's stubborn (just like her) and level 4 so really shows! I always use a double base on the roots and semi on the ends - rusk (because it's convertible permenant to semi) and Igora royale for the great coverage have been much better than the kadus and L'Oréal brands that I have used. Also on the conditioning stage, I add maria nila colour conditioner to the roots for 5 mins and pull through the ends- it's a fantastic product. She uses it to refresh her hair once a week or so. It is sulfate,silicone and paraben free and great as a toner. I put the dark brown on my level 7 hair and it was a beautiful glossy brown for a few weeks! I love that I can flip flop between colours

i have a client who I'm struggling to get coverage on, her hairs almost 100 percent white/grey! She's just looking for it to go a natural blonde but anything I seem to use just won't budge the white!! Any suggestions??
I used clynol 10.03 last time was no good, I have used a base 9 still no good! Anything I have used just doesn't seem to budge the white completely!! I don't have this problem with any other clients and it's very frustrating!! Any tips would be appreciated!! X
Did you eventually find a colour to cover I am having this problem at the minute with a lady.. Aaarghh..

Did you eventually find a colour to cover I am having this problem at the minute with a lady.. Aaarghh..

Have you tried presoftening before colouring? Sometimes I will use neat tint on stubborn areas then go in with my tint and peroxide mix. 10 wont cover white 100% need to be 9 down. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back