Best courses to learn nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faerififi

Reaction score
Helloo Ive come over from hair :)
Im currently nearly finished on my VRQ 2 in hairdressing but through this site I have been reading up on nails and getting really interested in training to do those as well. I come from a fine art background so just love the idea of creative nails and really want to learn.
In your opinion which is the best most cost effective way to get into the business? I am aware that I would have to complete a mani/pedi course and then choose a system and train with that (thinking gelish to start off with).

The only thing is I am a student and will be going to Nottingham Trent in october to study photography so the idea behind my training in hair was to have my little business on the side (properly insured etc) to work around my studies and have some extra income along with keeping up practise, then maybe take it on full time after my degree depending on work available.

It might seem like too many things to be taking on at one time if I put the nails training in too but when I want to learn something it niggles at me until I do it, and from april will have 6 months free to train and practise my skills.

Should i Just go straight to the harmony website and email their reps for education or do I need a manicure certificate first?
Any advice welcome thanks

Last edited:
hello and welcome to the nail side :)

you do sound like you have an awful lot going on but i can understand the need to soak more knowledge !

There are so many routes you can take but it depends on your budget, it's always a good idea to have manicure and pedicure before you start nails but it isn't essential you need to have a good think about what you want to acheive with nails i.e is it gelish nails or enhancements that you want to offer as they are vey different.

as for courses NSI are fabulous but then CND are really big then theres local trainers and colleges in your area.

have a browse around the net see how much time you can puy into the training and check out what others have said about the training !!

home learn courses such as essential nails are great but they are only a starting point !!

good luck i know that a was abit long winded but i hope it helped a little x

Latest posts

Back