Best cruelty free foundation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie28

Reaction score
Can you all give me some recommendations? I have only just started doing make up and it will be mainly weddings, proms etc.
I need ones that really last well. Preferably a lighter one and a fuller coverage one.
I have been looking at illamasqua skin base and rich liquid... Thoughts?

Thank you.

Stila Illuminating foundation is nice, has a light coverage.

I would definitely recommend Illamasqua Skin Base. Nit a huge fan of the Rich one myself, I find it too heavy. I prefer to layer Skin Base for extra coverage. I would really recommend Skin Base Lift concealers to go with it too, really lovely and brightening and also great as a contour and highlight.

Stila are not cruelty free anymore. :-(

I second the recommendation for skin base.

Stila are not cruelty free anymore. :-(

I second the recommendation for skin base.

Really? Since when? :(

Do you know any foundations similar to the illuminating one?

Last edited:
It's recent. Last couple of months. They admitted to selling in China. I'm super sad about it, I loved Stila!

It's recent. Last couple of months. They admitted to selling in China. I'm super sad about it, I loved Stila!

So am I; I love that foundation! Do you know any foundations similar to it that are cruelty free?

So am I; I love that foundation! Do you know any foundations similar to it that are cruelty free?

I've never tried that foundation. What is the finish, matte, dewy etc. Coverage?

I've never tried that foundation. What is the finish, matte, dewy etc. Coverage?

Light coverage. Sort of dewy because of the sparkle off it x

No 7 instant radiance is lovely. Flashes Back though X

Jane Iredale. Pure pressed base is lovely on its own and fool proof to apply or you can increase coverage with their bb cream. Less is definitely more with this product x

Thank you everyone!
I was thinking of using illamasqua skin base anyway so it confirms it!
Not tied jane Iredale. Do you know if they do samples?

Would you say I would need to offer a full coverage one too or just the skin base? That was why I was thinking of the rich liquid.

Also, to start with it will be expensive to get every shade. What are the most popular shades you use in skin base? X

Definitely recommend skin base from illamasqua and the rich liquid is also quite good but if you are just starting out and need all shades then I highly recommend elf - cruelty free and inexpensive but really nice coverage slightly dewy finish and really really good shades for very pale skin and their shade 'buff' is a brilliant all rounder for slightly tanned skin :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks. I do actually have an elf flawless finish foundation!
How do you find it lasts and photographs? Xx

Thank you everyone!
I was thinking of using illamasqua skin base anyway so it confirms it!
Not tied jane Iredale. Do you know if they do samples?

Would you say I would need to offer a full coverage one too or just the skin base? That was why I was thinking of the rich liquid.

Also, to start with it will be expensive to get every shade. What are the most popular shades you use in skin base? X

I think Skin Base will cover enough if you layer it and use a good concealer for anyone that needs serious coverage.

Re being expensive, you do know that they offer 40% pro discount?

Ooh I didn't know it was this much! I am just waiting for my certificate to come through and I will look into this.
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back