Best FREE Salon management software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbytony

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have a couple of things to ask all the experianced stylists and salon owners and Freelancers out there...

I am a Freelance hairdresser and I use Freeaddressbook software for all my names and addresses of my clients as a backbup on my pc. I also use a 'Collins' hardback paper diary to schedule all my appointments.
In the salon I have used 'Shortcuts' and it was a dream to have and use but now I am working from home, I would love some software to work in a similar way to shortcuts so I have a backup of everything I do. Using just a paper diary is basically putting my business at risk.

Q1, Does anyone know which is the very best appointments and scheduling software for freelance hairdressers that is also FREE? It would be nice if it had ipad capability/mirroring and text alerts would be brilliant too.
Any advice or help you can all give would be really appreciated.

In my Collins diary, I end up writing all the info of a client on one page. Name, address, tele, mobile, col info or service info. I also write at the top of each page the date of six weeks in advance so I don't have to work it out when talking to the client about their next appointment.
Q2, Does anyone have any good ideas of how to use a paper diary so I can schedule more than just two people on any one page? I can't work out a better way of writing things down...Unless...I give each person a number and then just wite the number next to the time on the page. It all gets a bit complicated. HELP!!

Thank you all and sorry for the long post.:o

I use a normal appointment book to schedule my clients with all the info. In my little day-to-day diary I just pop a note of time, name and service.

Can I ask how using a paper diary is putting your business at risk?

I don't know of any software that is totally free with all the features you would like. Google Calendar now allows appointments which will get you half way through and is free. www.youreontime.com has all the features and a 6 month free trial (with coupon code 'salongeek'). We are in the process of setting up a referral system where if you refer new users you will get additional FREE months. So if you know other people who might want to try the software you can refer them and potentially get free use for much longer. Contact me if you want any more info.

I recently started using studiocloud which is aimed at photographic studios however i haven't found anything i can't do for my home business.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Thanks everyone. Some great suggestions so far. I’m looking into the Studiocloud software. I have also been looking at Salon calendar which is a bit like using a toy version of a scheduling diary.
I use a paper day-by-day diary and think it can put my business at risk purely because all my information is stored in one little book that could easily go missing or I could damage. My partner used to keep two books but I find all that far too complicated. We live in the modern age of computers and online backup systems. This should all be a breeze. I like the cloud thing as it looks as if it spreads all the info across all of your devices. That’s exactly what I mean. My mobile phone should alert me to appointments and I should also be able to access all client information on the move via the internet.
Also, by having software that is backed up three ways, I shouldn't loose anything. And... At the end of the year when it comes time to do my tax returns, all the figures should already be there to print out.
I welcome all you have to suggest and say. Keep the ideas coming.:D

Latest posts

Back