Best Gel Polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickiesBB

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in the middle of setting up my mobile beauty business. I am looking into the best gel varnishes such as shellac, OPI Lacquer, Gelish etc and wondering from experience what you guys have found to work best?

I dont want to spend lots of money on a product that ends up not being great.

Hi all,

I am in the middle of setting up my mobile beauty business. I am looking into the best gel varnishes such as shellac, OPI Lacquer, Gelish etc and wondering from experience what you guys have found to work best?

I dont want to spend lots of money on a product that ends up not being great.

You'll get varying views on this one, I'm pretty sure. As far as non-traditional polishes, it appears the two most referred to brands are Shellac and Gelish. One is a gel, the other is a not. Here's the difference.

Gelish is a gel and is marketed to last 3+ weeks. The natural nail must be buffed for application and the shine must be buffed off prior to soaking. Soak off takes about 15 minutes.

Shellac is not a gel and is marketed to last 2+ weeks. You do not buff the natural nail for application and there is no buffing required prior to soaking. Soak off takes 10 minutes.

Both products cure under UV lamps or you can purchase and LED lamp for Gelish.

Costs are comparable. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back