Best hand cream for dry cracked skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah7898

Reaction score
I wash my hands a lot in the day, and also use anti bac lotion in the car, but my hands are falling to peices! I've been using opi avojuice but it lasts for 5 mins before the dry skin comes through.
They're also really sore and cracked in places..
Please somebody recommend something that lasts and works!
Thanks x

La Roche possey lipikar best I have ever used xx am a hairdresser hands are always in water and red raw from weather too xx

CND Scentsations are amazing - very moisturising and they have a lovely choice of fragrances.

Dermalogica multivitamin hand & nail cream x

I'll be following this thread as my hands always crack and bleed around my knuckles were they are so dry. Really stings when I use anti-bac. :-(
X

The body shop hemp hand cream is amazing!! Literally works wonders. Doesn't smell too great but it does the job and Worth trying for only a fiver xx

Jessica 'La Remedi' serum .. amazing. As is the Jessica hand cream.

Thanks everybody, I'll def be trying some of these, I can't take the cracked bleeding knuckles anymore! X

L'occitane Shea butter hand cream is the best thing for dry & cracked hands that I've found.

I've used and tried a lot over the years but this is the best one out there in my opinion.

I second l'occitane shea butter hand cream. It's wonderful!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392416464.822347.jpg
Is this the one? X

Definitely L'Occitane. As well as doing the job on the skin, it sinks in very quickly so no tacky feeling afterwards.

Definitely L'Occitane. As well as doing the job on the skin, it sinks in very quickly so no tacky feeling afterwards.

That's really important to me, I hate the greasy feeling some creams leave behind, it makes me want to wash my hands again!
Thanks x

Steam cream. Amazing! Rich, smells lovely but doesn't feel greasy.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use l'occtaine aswell i love it but when my hands get reallly bad and there quite rough or cracking like your i use aqueous cream u can get it from the chemist for about £3 its for mild dermatitis which it sounds like u have! Works in a couple of days its a life saver for me :) xxx

Hi

Loccitane, shea butter. Use before you go to sleep, this is a must.

Also the Bodyshop Hemp is very good.

One thing you must do is wash your hands using emulsifying ointment. You can but it from the chemist.

I use it on my scalp, and couldn't live without it. I use it in the shower too with exfoliating gloves.

It will put a barrier onto your skin, but it doesn't leave any residue. Only use it for washing, then put the loccitane or whatever cream on.

Its a few quid for a massive tub, or you can get small ones for about £1.

Please please try it, from what you are saying, you need a washing solution as well as a moisturising solution to your problem.

Kathair xx

Oh, don't forget to use sudocrem too, before bed.

This will provide you with antiseptic protection that you may need if the skin is cracked.

Kathair xx

My husband suffers from sore and cracked hands and the only thing that had helped him has been a cream called lotil, I get it from the chemist and he puts it on at night, then puts a pair of cotton gloves on, I get the gloves from asda chemist, I hope you get some relief soon
X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

In order to heal cracked skin you need to choose a cream which has a high concentration of urea in its ingredients. It is a powerful humectant which means it attracts moisture to it, essential to the rehydration of the skin. There are several brands available, the most readily available being Flexitol and CCS balm.
These creams actually treat the cause rather the symptom.

Really appreciate all the help and advise, thank you xx

Latest posts

Back