Best nail polish for manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use vinylux for manicures and pedicures and love it, love how quickly it dries and that people can put their shoes on!! Yes clients have said it's difficult to get off toes and some don't like that but I advise them to use acetone instead of polish remover as it comes off quicker and better ....in fact since vinylux I am doing far more manicures and pedicures than ever before. It hasn't taken away from my gel or shellac clients but has made new clients come in and once they have had vinylux(as well as my famous foot massages) they are hooked...every four weeks....has been great for business

Most popular colours are rock royalty , beau, hot chillis (all my older ladies who have never had colour will wear hot chillis), tutti frutti, tropic, pink bikini and lobster roll

Thanks for this answer it's been great to read you have a positive experience with it and even recommended colours which is fab. I'll buy a bottle or two and see how I get on with the drying time with a friend and if I feel good enough with it I'll buy more in. I'm mainly just trying to get a good kit together for everything before going out to paying customers cause I want them to experience and have the best from me so they'll come back :)

Completely understand you wanting to try something out first especially as we all work differently.

With vinylux ypu have to work fairly quickly as it really does dry that fast. If your not very quick at painting ther are plenty of polishes about but all i would say is try and keep brands consistent...dont have lots of different brands of polish, it doesnt look professional and you will get clients who will only want certain brands you have if you do mix.

Vinylux is great from a price point of view and it is great for toes as it really does last, you can also retail remover to clients which is extra for you

Whenever you try things always try them out on yourself too, we are our own models who are always available!!

Another vote for vinylux, bought three more shades this morning and I am dying to put them on :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using SalonGeek mobile app

Completely understand you wanting to try something out first especially as we all work differently.

With vinylux ypu have to work fairly quickly as it really does dry that fast. If your not very quick at painting ther are plenty of polishes about but all i would say is try and keep brands consistent...dont have lots of different brands of polish, it doesnt look professional and you will get clients who will only want certain brands you have if you do mix.

Vinylux is great from a price point of view and it is great for toes as it really does last, you can also retail remover to clients which is extra for you

Whenever you try things always try them out on yourself too, we are our own models who are always available!!

Yeah I plan to buy a bottle of each brand I've been reading about and try it on me and my friends that have been giving me their hands to do manicures on to get more experience. And I'll give them so long and get them to report back to me and obviously observe it myself then once I'm happy with whatever one I'll just go out and buy colours. It's probably the best way for me.

Like I said I have plenty of nail polishes so much so I've lost count lol and I've used nsi polish so I know what theirs is like due to wearing it myself for a long time

So my plan is to practise with my Non precessional brand and buy a bottle in each, get my painting time better than what it is and try out the Vinylux every so often or what ever other brand and just use it as a learning tool and that allows me to train in other things as well as improve then once I have settled on what ever brand then buy it in and get going.

Thanks very much for your tips :D

Another vote for vinylux, bought three more shades this morning and I am dying to put them on :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using SalonGeek mobile app

That's fab to hear! I'm waiting on some non professional nail polish coming in and I swear I'm like a kid waiting for Santa to come lol. What colours did you get ? :)

Latest posts

Back