Best nail treatment for ridges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristalinx

Reaction score
Hi Nail Geeks!

I have a question that has been niggling away at me for a while so I thought I would come to the experts. I want to treat my mam before Christmas to get her nails done. Apart from a traditional manicure she has never had anything done to them really. However she has very deep ridges in her nails, especially her thumbnails, and it's very noticeable when she puts polish on.

What would be the best thing to make her nails look smooth? Is it possible? Also is there anything that could be causing the ridges?

I'm afraid not, as it is an age thing :(
The best way to camouflage them is to use a good ridge filler basecoat prior to applying your colour polish.

Is their any professional treatment that might help disguise them well? (Done by a tech, I promise I'm not messing around with products myself!) She doesn't want acrylics but I was wondering if Shellac or Gel would be any better than standard polish?

Is their any professional treatment that might help disguise them well? (Done by a tech, I promise I'm not messing around with products myself!) She doesn't want acrylics but I was wondering if Shellac or Gel would be any better than standard polish?

Depending on how bad the ridges are CND Shellac could disguise it a lot on its own, but it would be even better if it's teamed up with its power partner Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel.

Have a look on www.lovecnd.com for your nearest fully qualified, 100% genuine CND Shellac technician.

Xx

Bio sculpture gel overlays would disguise the ridges x

I have recently treated a client with prominent ridges on both her thumb nails. I used Gelish with two thin layers of structure over the colour to disguise them.
She was very happy with the result.

Depending on how bad the ridges are CND Shellac could disguise it a lot on its own, but it would be even better if it's teamed up with its power partner Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel.

Have a look on www.lovecnd.com for your nearest fully qualified, 100% genuine CND Shellac technician.

Xx

There's one over the road from my mams house, I can't believe I've never noticed! Definitely going to be investigating! :)

Latest posts

Back