Best news ever

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanfastic

Reaction score
At last, no more animal testing in Europe, what do you think of this, will it affect your business? If it does, will it be in a good way or not?

Attachments

• 426745_408868455872189_361003356_n.jpg
    426745_408868455872189_361003356_n.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
It's a great start and hopefully will spur other countries to follow suit.

But that picture's a bit misleading. Companies that animal test won't have to abandon it altogether, just for products being sold in the eu.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Aaaah, I was wondering. It would be a huge undertaking for them to stop all testing worldwide if they wanted to sell to us. Not such good news then. Will we have the same thing as we have with our food? Not knowing what is actually in the product after all, how on earth can you check whether a product has been animal tested once it is in a container stating that it has not? I would not trust that, I used to work in a food processing plant years ago as a Quality Control Officer and products were seldom as stated on the packaging or labels.

It's brilliant, but i'm confused does this mean from 11 march we will be able to buy dove etc...? Or does it only count for new products x

I would think our best bet would be to buy " Made in the EU or England" everywhere else animal tests to some degree or other. Avon for instance advertise that they don't, and it is true in the UK but all their products at the moment from Poland and other countries do. The stock I received before Christmas was 100% animal tested. Sent it all back and resigned within weeks of signing up. They misrepresented themselved to me. It is going to become very confusing and I hope that someone will soon come along and make some sense of it for all the EU countries. I just look for the leaping bunny on my products.

It only apples to new products. All the old animal tested stock can remain on shelves.

I don't think it'll change much for me. I still won't buy a non tested product off a company that tests elsewhere!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I agree they've only stopped testing because they've been forced too! Was just checking though :)

Latest posts

Back