Best quality hair to use for micro-ring extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan7775

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am about to embark on a Micro-ring extension course & have been offered a position part time within a really cool loca salon - yay!

I've been doin some homework and I'm really getting quite confused as to which is the best quality hair to use. 'Russain' seems to be a bit of a buzz word, however some stockists claim that this is quite rare and as such very expensive - some places charge £400+ for 100grms!! There seem to be lots of people offering Russain hair though and for only £300 for an 'extra full head.

I can see there is Indian hair, Brazillian and European - there are so many stockists I really don't know whcih supplier to go with or which hair type.

Another question also - if you buy a 'weft' can you tip is ready to be micro-looped your self?

I'd love to hear from fellow extionsist and get some quality advise,

many thanks

Megan

No not just suppliers - but type of hair - be it Russain, eurpoean, Indian etc.

I think my post is fairly clear.

Thanks though,

Megan

Yes if you look through the thread though you will find where's best for Russian Indian etc x

Megan, think you came across a little rude there. Just a heads up.

The search facility will bring up some info on this and to be honest you will be told all of this in your course. Good luck,

I came across as rude? Not sure how it was interpreted that way.

I've looked through the forums but not really found what I'm looking for, hence my post above. I'm really interested in speaking to people who have lots of experience with micro loop extensions and have tried different hair/suppliers that may be able to give me some of their knowledge based on experience.

Hi guys,

I am about to embark on a Micro-ring extension course & have been offered a position part time within a really cool loca salon - yay!

I've been doin some homework and I'm really getting quite confused as to which is the best quality hair to use. 'Russain' seems to be a bit of a buzz word, however some stockists claim that this is quite rare and as such very expensive - some places charge £400+ for 100grms!! There seem to be lots of people offering Russain hair though and for only £300 for an 'extra full head.

I can see there is Indian hair, Brazillian and European - there are so many stockists I really don't know whcih supplier to go with or which hair type.

Another question also - if you buy a 'weft' can you tip is ready to be micro-looped your self?

many thanks

Megan

Those one u buy one eBay for 60 pounds 200 hairs are they really bad?

I would assume so yeah but I've never tried them

Hi guys,

many thanks

Megan

Hi Megan, it will take time for you to build up confidence with any one supplier, most of us technitians have spent many year trying lots of product, methods etc to be comfortable with who we use. Best starting point for you would be to draw up a list of suppliers you like, get a range of samples and home test.
As for which type of hair to use, virgin hair is lovely, but very hard to come by for a cost effective price, you can expect to pay easily from £500 upward just to source great hair.

The type of hair you use will also be dictated by your client base.
Do some research on local companies, find out what type of hair they use and what sort of prices you will be competing with.
All the research should bring you to a conclusion which works for you.

As for me my local market mostly calls for Indian remi(remy) hair, virgin only comes in dark shades so i have to source as good a quality (non virgin)as my price range will allow.
Work our your overheads per head, what hourly rate you wish to make, then subtract this from what you will be able to charge = what you have left to source the hair.
Here is a few fair quality companies I have used in past and found worked well for me:
Celeb Elite, love this hair however stick tips for micro rings limited colours so you would probably have to buy wefts and pre tip.
Bonita & Foxy both do a nice economy range which will last for 4 months on average, and allow you to be competitive.
both have a great colour range.

As always each to their own, so people will target a higher end market, which will allow them to offer say great lengths as their premium indian range, or virgin russian hair for elite - this wont work in my area but if it will for you then go with the best you can afford x

Hi Megan, it will take time for you to build up confidence with any one supplier, most of us technitians have spent many year trying lots of product, methods etc to be comfortable with who we use. Best starting point for you would be to draw up a list of suppliers you like, get a range of samples and home test.
As for which type of hair to use, virgin hair is lovely, but very hard to come by for a cost effective price, you can expect to pay easily from £500 upward just to source great hair.

The type of hair you use will also be dictated by your client base.
Do some research on local companies, find out what type of hair they use and what sort of prices you will be competing with.
All the research should bring you to a conclusion which works for you.

As for me my local market mostly calls for Indian remi(remy) hair, virgin only comes in dark shades so i have to source as good a quality (non virgin)as my price range will allow.
Work our your overheads per head, what hourly rate you wish to make, then subtract this from what you will be able to charge = what you have left to source the hair.
Here is a few fair quality companies I have used in past and found worked well for me:
Celeb Elite, love this hair however stick tips for micro rings limited colours so you would probably have to buy wefts and pre tip.
Bonita & Foxy both do a nice economy range which will last for 4 months on average, and allow you to be competitive.
both have a great colour range.

As always each to their own, so people will target a higher end market, which will allow them to offer say great lengths as their premium indian range, or virgin russian hair for elite - this wont work in my area but if it will for you then go with the best you can afford x

Thanks for this, there seem to be a number of suppliers names that keep coming up so ill check them out, also it appears that copper rings or silicone lined rings along with Italian keratin fused stick tips are the best?

A salon local to me claims to use 100% Russian hair

And her prices are very competitive! I need to be able to compete with her so I'm desperately trying to get hold of Russian hair at a great cost!

If Russian hair is cheap it probably isn't Russian! Try and compete with the salon in a varied way, offer something she doesn't. Include aftercare in the price etc

I like copper silicone micro tubes they hold better.

Italian keratin bonds have been proven to be another posh name for polyamide! Don't buy into it it will cost you more in the long run

Xx

Hair planet has been great for me decent quality and prices for short term (3 month) extension wearers xx

Thanks Jody. I'm wondering if she buys directly from Russia. She claims her hair last two years!

Russian virgin hair is considered the very best on the market , I use it and have never looked back , it's far more superior to anything you will ever get out of a packet , I get at a reasonable price to as I buy in bulk quantity, it's completely reusable many many times , I've actually got Russian virgin hair in myself and have been using the same hair for 18 months , it's like pure silk .... You get what you pay for x

Russian virgin hair is considered the very best on the market , I use it and have never looked back , it's far more superior to anything you will ever get out of a packet , I get at a reasonable price to as I buy in bulk quantity, it's completely reusable many many times , I've actually got Russian virgin hair in myself and have been using the same hair for 18 months , it's like pure silk .... You get what you pay for x

Hi, I'm very interested in speaking more to you about this? Can we chat on private message? X

Latest posts

Back