Best Reds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callum91

Reaction score
Hi :)

Can anyone recommend
a really good red brand?
I haven't really gotten on with reds particularly
well, as I find the PM Reds at work , they tend to fade straight away.:cry:

What's In a Salon Name? - Hairdressers Journal
These are the sort of reds that clients have asked for,
but I'm reluctant to actually use the PM Red range.:confused:

Any particularly good brands out there, that
create these gorgeous shades of red?:confused:

For me its the l'orel Maji Contrast Reds all the way. Can see the colours in that range relating to most of those hair pics. One not sure about is the Rhianna one slightly organgy. Only used an orange once and that was a semi crazy colour.x

I don't have any great ideas about how to achieve those vibrant reds but I do think they've been 'photoshopped' to make them look more red than they actually are?? they all look particularly pungent.:confused:

i like b.red by affinage. dont rate their other colours much as they seem to fade quickly, but i was surprised by how the b.red turned out and when the client came back 6 wks later the colour was still amazingly vibrant. also magma by wella do a good red range and they are very vibrant when done.

also magma by wella do a good red range and they are very vibrant when done.

What is the wella life span like? Does it hold for the 6 week time frame?

For me, the best reds are definately the L'Oreal Maji Contrast reds. Lifts and colours in one step, and vibrant long lasting colour :)

b red by affinage they never fade out and lift dark shades without pre lightening... :)

i personally prefer the maji rouges, but have tried several others.

ignoa is suppose to be the "live" colour equilavant, and 1 of my hd swears by cyloyl...(sorry if cant spell today!) i like using my trusty matrix to achieve this look on one of my regulars that has it. but in general reds do fade within 4 weeks.

i think i need to be trying out some affinage!

Hi :)

Can anyone recommend
a really good red brand?
I haven't really gotten on with reds particularly
well, as I find the PM Reds at work , they tend to fade straight away.:cry:

What's In a Salon Name? - Hairdressers Journal
These are the sort of reds that clients have asked for,
but I'm reluctant to actually use the PM Red range.:confused:

Any particularly good brands out there, that
create these gorgeous shades of red?:confused:

It depends on the persons hair. The colour will fade on people differently depending on the base colour, porosity factor, etc!
Then depends what type of red they want! So many reds!
I had used Majirouge, but found they faded quickly. I used Goldwell Topchic and found they stayed longer. The Goldwell ones had better gingery orange hues, where as Majirouge tended to have more pure Red in them- as in double-decker bus red! Thus the Topchic was more natural yet still vivid looking and the Majirouge looked more artificial and can be mixed with a majirel.

For the cosmetics and hair color, i only trust one brand that is loreal hair color. If you wish to red hair then l'orel Maji Contrast Red is the best one. :)

bRed from Affinage - evert time :)

What is the wella life span like? Does it hold for the 6 week time frame?

ive found that in the past the magma red does last for the 6WKS and can be refreashed with colour touch re-lights /46 and 4% colour touch peroxide. :)

Latest posts

Back