Best shampoo & conditioner (mask also) for prelighented, compromised hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairfairy1904

Hair fairy
Reaction score
Hi all,
So extremely stupid of me and I should of known better but in a desperate attempt to banish my roots I tried to pre lighten them myself (I know why?!)
Anyway a year on and it's getting there I regularly have it done now by another hairdresser and she does a fab job.
The length is fine it's just my layers on one side that snapped quite badly and I've been trying everything!

Used a lot of different brands; wella, Phillip Kingsley, macadamia, kerastase and olaplex no3. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good shampoo conditioner and maybe mask as I'm almost out! Anything available in the U.K. At stockists or to order!
Thankyou!!!!

(Edit: I'm not expecting miracles or a dramatic recovery, all the nasty dry ends have been cut off and I'm just interested in what you all rate for using on blondes to keep them healthy)

Last edited:
Theres nothing that is going to reoair such damage im afraid. I had to have a really good chop and stay away from lightening too much. Obviously without seeing your hair I'm guessing that this is the case for you too. I love olaplex but it can only do so much. I saw in another post of yours that you found a toner didnt last as long as you'd hoped, this could have been why it faded so much.
I'd recommend a good cut and olaplex and start again. I know as hairdressers we get so bored quickly and when we want our hair done we want it done now lol. X

I agree if the damage is that bad no product will help, you'll just have to cut off the split parts or they'll just carry on breaking, I've had to do it before too :)

Theres nothing that is going to reoair such damage im afraid. I had to have a really good chop and stay away from lightening too much. Obviously without seeing your hair I'm guessing that this is the case for you too. I love olaplex but it can only do so much. I saw in another post of yours that you found a toner didnt last as long as you'd hoped, this could have been why it faded so much.
I'd recommend a good cut and olaplex and start again. I know as hairdressers we get so bored quickly and when we want our hair done we want it done now lol. X
Hi miss eve, I'm not hoping for miracles haha I wish we could do that! I have had a good cut I asked her to take a lot off. It wasn't that I wanted anything different to usual I just attempted to do them myself and I shouldn't have done. It's still in good condition overall it's just the layers but I'm after a shampoo and conditioner that would be best considering this.
Yes the other post about the toner was before this happened haha but thankyou xx

I agree if the damage is that bad no product will help, you'll just have to cut off the split parts or they'll just carry on breaking, I've had to do it before too :)
All the bad has been cut off thankfully, I couldn't stand the sight of it! [emoji85] I'm just after recommendations for something good and new to try not miracles, I Don't want to turn into rapunzel overnight just what products everyone likes for blondes and moisture! Xx

Anything that will be good for your hair will be expensive, i use caviar repair shampoo and I know a client that uses 10 from alterna, it is a bit expensive but works amazing!

Anything that will be good for your hair will be expensive, i use caviar repair shampoo and I know a client that uses 10 from alterna, it is a bit expensive but works amazing!
Thanks Elliot! I'll look into it, I don't mind spending the money if it's good, I like to invest in my hair as that's what our job revolves around :) thankyou

I've had a really good result with matrix biolage cleansing conditioners after terribly compromised hair. I reset my hair once a week with a moisturising sulfate shampoo and deep condition as it needs a proper cleanse but if you avoid stylers with silicones, alcohol denat and any waxes you should find your hair responding to a milder cleansing. I also tend to not blowdry my hair until at least 80% dry and detangle in the shower with the conditioner with fingers only. Whilst it won't reverse damage, getting into the habit of babying your hair can only help its condition and enable you to play about with it without worrying about damage. I'm a different colour every fortnight lol xx

Maria Nila had transformed my hair :) it's all I use now

I love the Aveda damage remedy mask puts so much moisture back into your hair x

I've had a really good result with matrix biolage cleansing conditioners after terribly compromised hair. I reset my hair once a week with a moisturising sulfate shampoo and deep condition as it needs a proper cleanse but if you avoid stylers with silicones, alcohol denat and any waxes you should find your hair responding to a milder cleansing. I also tend to not blowdry my hair until at least 80% dry and detangle in the shower with the conditioner with fingers only. Whilst it won't reverse damage, getting into the habit of babying your hair can only help its condition and enable you to play about with it without worrying about damage. I'm a different colour every fortnight lol xx
Thankyou for your advice I think I need to baby it a little bit more! I'm ordering a satin pillowcase to stop it catching and snapping while I sleep - I've currently got a top over it [emoji23][emoji23]
Xx

Maria Nila had transformed my hair :) it's all I use now
I have used the colour booster conditioning thing from them I can't remember what it's called! It was really good I'll give the shampoo and conditioner a go! Thankyou xx

I love the Aveda damage remedy mask puts so much moisture back into your hair x
Hi Kate, it's definitely one I'll look into it needs as much moisture as possible! It's probably just me being paranoid but I need it soft and silky again haha. Thanks xx

Have you tried caviarRX transformed my hair [emoji7] won't use anything else now

Hey, the best thing I tried for my hair so far is L'anza Ultimate treatment, it is quite expensive so I only ordered step 2 and step 2a moisture and strength boosters. I also quite like Aussie 3 minutes miracle recovery and Alterna Caviar.

Redken extreme x

Purology strength cure is the ultimate for hair that's trashed, next to that probably redken extreme or kerastase resistance

Latest posts

Back