Bleaching from black to platinum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagentaGirlX

Magenta
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My hair: very thick, strong, semi-coarse

So my hair is naturally a level 3/4... however I haven't had a full head of my natural colour for at least 10 years! It's been through the ringer with different dyes/bleaching, but I've also kept it in a very short pixie for the best part of 6 years, so regular cuts to remove built up damage. However, I've been growing it for the last year or so.

Most recently I've been all over with RUSK 2.000N (August 2019) then root touch up with RUSK 4.000N (November 2019). I've then been washing with anti dandruff shampoos ever since.

20200306_163119.jpg

Beginning of March 2020 I did a Colour B4 (had one in my bathroom cupboard so thought I might as well rid any excess colour, although I have limited faith in these things efficacy)!

I have then done the following:

Round 1 Schwarzkopf Blondme with 12%/40vol very thin foam wraps with Olaplex No.1 and Cooling Additive - 1 hour, 1 inch away from roots. Olaplex No.2 left on overnight.

Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment

Kerastase Mask (dark green one)

Round 2 Schwarzkopf Blondme with 12%/40vol very thin foam wraps with Olaplex No.1 and Cooling Additive - 1 hour, 1 inch away from roots. Olaplex No.2 left on overnight.

Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment

It's a 10 Miracle mask

Schwarzkopf Blondme with 9%/30vol very thin foam wraps with Olaplex No.1 and Cooling Additive - 1 hour, on roots and running through darker patches in lengths.

Schwarzkopf Igora 12/11 with 9%/30vol and Olaplex No.1 on roots first then run through lengths, left on for 30 mins once application finished. Olaplex No.2 left on for 1 hour.

Tuesday I did the Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment again, followed by Moroccanoil Intense Hydration Mask left on under a cap for a few hours.

I use the following products regularly for health maintenance: Joico, Kerastase, Redken, Its a 10, Philip Kingsley Elasticizer...

My question is.. where should I go from here? I'm aiming for an ashy platinum, and will eventually use the Wella Instamatics in Pink Dream mixed with Muted Mauve but want to stay platinum for a while first.

Attachments

• 20200421_142410.jpg
    20200421_142410.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 50
I’m surprised you’ve any hair left after all that!

I’m surprised you’ve any hair left after all that!

I know, all my hair friends are always stunned by my hair's longevity. But after years of working with mainly Asian hair I have got a few tricks under my belt.

This is how blonde I was last time I went the whole way..

Snapchat-544651598.jpg

Latest posts

Back