Best shampoo for micro loop hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow1992

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive just had G4 micro loop hair extensions put in and am looking for a really good shampoo and conditioner to keep the extensions dry free.

Ive heard pureology is very good. Can anyone else recommend them or another brand?

Thanks

I normally recommend the kit from Sally my clients have found that really good x

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you know what it is called?

Some of my clients tried pureology and hated it, I use K Pac personally.

Ok thanks, ill have a look at that. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just as a side note - you should check which shampoos are advised by your technician as using anything other than that may not cover you for any issues with the hair :)

Ok thanks.

I was advised to use any shampoo, however after using my normal shampoo my extension are very dry today and dont feel very soft or smooth. X

What's your normal shampoo? Micro loops I find mostly very cheap hair in all honesty (sorry if that comes across harsh) and not many suppliers do them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im currently using Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colour shampoo.

I know you can get cheap extensions, however the make of these are G4 hair which is 100% Indian temple hair, the best ones you can get(thats what it says when advertised).

Im hoping its just the shampoo im using. X

Pureology is amazing I would highly recommend it, very concentrated so you only need a tiny bit, and the ingredients are all natural and organic, free from harmful substances and they leave hair shiny and silky smooth, I've worked with it in a salon in Amsterdam and my extension clients would never go back to any other!
Plus they smell AMAZING!!:p

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you. I think im going to buy some and try it!

Sorry my minds a blank I think it's the only one they sell it all comes in a wee clear bag, hope this helps x

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

Never heard of g4 either. But authentic Indian temple hair of a high quality doesn't need any fancy shampoos at all

I can refit Indian temple hair after 4 months wear and using off the shelf shampoos

If your extensions are already dry they are either a bad batch or budget quality I'm afraid

I would contact whoever fitted them and ask for advice as they should be soft and silky for at least 3 to 4 months

Hope this helps

Thank you for the comments. I really do hope they arent a bad batch, a lot of money spent! It might just be the way I had tied my hair up whilst it was half dry.
Ive washed it again now so will see tomorrow if it still feels dry and frizzy.

Im going back to my hair dresser next week so she can see what condition they are in.

Yes I thought they should be soft and silky too as I only had them put in on Tuesday and yesterday was the first time I had washed them. X

Thanks x

Latest posts

Back