Best Shellac to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are certainly free to do as you wish; this is your business. But you should be aware that CND had to sue BS to get them to remove "Shellac" from their bottle. It's not just another brand, it built its business on deception - it's counterfeit. That's not my opinion, that's a legal fact.

You should also be aware that if you use counterfeit products (and yes, as long as BS continues to use CND's graphic identity, it is counterfeit), products that have no supporting products (removers, conditioners, etc.), products that do not advertise in professional media and provide no education, training, or professional support, products that are sold to anyone in any forum, you will likely have professionals look askance at you. There are always clients who go for cheap over quality and for anyone who wants that as their clientele, that's their right. But this is a professional forum, and one of its goals is to promote the highest standards in the industry and one of the most critical areas for this is the use of professional products - BS, for many reasons, is not a professional product.

More on Bluesky or BS!
OLD LABEL AND NEW LABEL
It's kinda funny that I just noticed when taking the pictures that there is a little "TM" beside Shellac on the label. Funny because they don't own the trademark. They were sued and ordered to remove "Shellac" from the label. I've read several articles about it but I'm not going to on and on. These sit in my drawer. I bought them off ebay because I was curious. They stink and I would never put them on a client. I am CND all the way!

Attachments

• bs2.jpg
    bs2.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 248
Interesting debate here I kind of see where both sides are coming from, just interested to know if you had to choose would you prefer badly applied Cnd shellac or very well applied bluesky gel polish?

If you are looking for a Gel Polish, you should definitely take a look at Gelii it has recently launched in the Uk and I am finding a lot of my clients are getting fantastic results from it x

Interesting debate here I kind of see where both sides are coming from, just interested to know if you had to choose would you prefer badly applied Cnd shellac or very well applied bluesky gel polish?

I wouldn't go to a salon that offered Blue sky so the dilemma wouldn't arise. If I had badly applied shellac I wouldn't go back or would ask for a redo!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It wouldn't be an issue in my case, since I would not patronize a tech who used BS. Part of the reason for that would be if a tech cut corners on her product choices, where else might she cut corners - on her application?

But that's not the choice we have to make, there are lots of great techs who use legitimate products (not just CND) and do a great job! As Jerry Garcia said, that when you are choosing between the lesser of two evils, you are still choosing evil.

Latest posts

Back