Best tan solution for body contouring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blair

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am starting to get into doing body contouring but I am trying to find a good tan solution to use. Any suggestions?
I know some spray tan solutions I've used to contour with haven't worked out well. Just wanted to know if anybody had any advice or suggestions?

Hi Blair. Who did you do your training with for contouring? I've trained with Sienna X and was thinking of doing their contouring course.. Also, what gun do you use to contour?

Hey Monika, I am still looking for courses to do contouring. Where I live there is really nobody who teaches a contouring course - it might be something I would have to travel for. Aviva labs does an online course - which is really all I could find. Aviva said that they can teach you to contour with a a HVLP machine. Which sort of intrigues me because I think it would be better to have an airbrush for contouring. To me in not sure how you could contour with a HVLP machine - maybe I'm wrong but I thought thee purpose of these was for quicker spray tanning and the mist will cover more area?! I have got manuals from Kona Tan that goes step by step how to do contouring. But I want to get certified in contouring before doing it - I have tried it on a couple friends who are willing to let me practice on them. And I do have an airbrush machine that I have used for trying contouring.
There isn't anywhere close to me that really offers the course or that I have found. And I would love to get into doing it.

Did you guys ever watch that 300 spoof film? they showed a clip of contouring abs onto a male model. :):)Its done with a lighter/darker solution and it with a smaller compressed gun. think the airbrush gun for dinair...its really time consuming!

Stick to normal tans!

Personally i dont think it makes anyone look thinner!:D:D:D xoxo

Hi Blair,

Wonderwoman is correct, contouring is a very skilled art which takes a lot of practice to achieve using a range of light and dark solutions. I guess it's possible you could learn the basic theory about contouring online but the rest would be trial and error. With regards to using an HVLP gun, this would only be possible for certain contouring techniques. To achieve the 300 style abs like Wonderwoman mentioned, you would definitely need a precision airbrush, absolutely no chance of achieving this with an HVLP gun. The solution comes out the nozzle at too fast a rate and the spray pattern is too wide, not precise and would drip all over the place.

In short, there is no best solution for contouring, all solutions can be used for this service. Choose your favourite brand, the larger the range of percentages available the better and take it from there. You will definitely need an airbrush though.

Good luck! :)

St.Moriz Salon

Hi Blair,

Wonderwoman is correct, contouring is a very skilled art which takes a lot of practice to achieve using a range of light and dark solutions. I guess it's possible you could learn the basic theory about contouring online but the rest would be trial and error. With regards to using an HVLP gun, this would only be possible for certain contouring techniques. To achieve the 300 style abs like Wonderwoman mentioned, you would definitely need a precision airbrush, absolutely no chance of achieving this with an HVLP gun. The solution comes out the nozzle at too fast a rate and the spray pattern is too wide, not precise and would drip all over the place.

In short, there is no best solution for contouring, all solutions can be used for this service. Choose your favourite brand, the larger the range of percentages available the better and take it from there. You will definitely need an airbrush though.

Good luck! :)

St.Moriz Salon
I've been watching videos by Dante Fitzpatrick. He uses a paintbrush.

Hey! I'm not sure if you ever got your final answer but look up Kona tanning Katie is the owner and master spraytan we and contouring. She actually has book s you can purchase. I bought both of her books and it has helped me so much!!

Hey! I'm not sure if you ever got your final answer but look up Kona tanning Katie is the owner and master spraytan we and contouring. She actually has book s you can purchase. I bought both of her books and it has helped me so much!!
Yes, I have her books and LOVE them! I didn't mind her tanning solution either, but it did give me an orange tinge. But I tried it on friends and it looked fabulous!

You certainly can't use an HVLP gun effectively to contour detail. I would suggest using an airbrush for this. As others have said you need to use light and dark shades of tanning solution.

Latest posts

Back