Best toner for ashy highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny1976

Danny76
Reaction score
Hi
I have a client who wants very ashy highlights,she has natural regrowth level 2with few grey hair,rest of hair is coloured black.
Which toner is the best to use in order to get to the lightest ashy highlights after bleaching wth 9%??
Thanks

Hi
I have a client who wants very ashy highlights,she has natural regrowth level 2with few grey hair,rest of hair is coloured black.
Which toner is the best to use in order to get to the lightest ashy highlights after bleaching wth 9%??
Thanks
You will have to lighten hair first then formulate your toner according to the underlying tones in the hair after lifting.
I find to create the best silver you need blue and violet tones. This also needs to be applied to a clean base X.
So if you lift it to an 8, you will need to tone out the yellow first with a violet base 8. Then apply your silver shade.
It's hard to forecast what toner you will need especially as you've not lifted the hair yet.

You will have to lighten hair first then formulate your toner according to the underlying tones in the hair after lifting.
I find to create the best silver you need blue and violet tones. This also needs to be applied to a clean base X.
So if you lift it to an 8, you will need to tone out the yellow first with a violet base 8. Then apply your silver shade.
It's hard to forecast what toner you will need especially as you've not lifted the hair yet.
Thank you for your advice!!

Hi
Thanks
I love using the following goldwell toners: 10sb, 10v, 10p, 8sb. I usually mix 2 or 3 of these together depending on the look I want to achieve. 20mls 10v + 10mls 8sb + 60mls developer always gives me a great ashy result on hair lifted to a level 8-10. This is 10v on its own after lifting to a level 10.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190407_011623_com.instagram.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20190407_011623_com.instagram.android.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back