Best toner for bleached highlights that are looking yellow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emster91

Reaction score
Hey guys!

A couple of weeks ago I had some 'ashy blonde' highlights which I really liked!
Since then I've been on holiday and they have gone really yellow and brassy in the sun!

Can anyone recommend a good toner I could get and put on myself?
I can shop at sallys/salon services if anyone knows a good toning product they sell there!

Ideally I want something that is going to take away these horrible yellow/brassy tones and get my ash blonde back!:)

Thank you x

Silver/Purple shampoo left on for 5 minutes x

Clynol colour shine 10.2 or 10.1 its a true semi so no need to mix with any developer but really does tone the yellow.. Also you can add it into your conditioner/shampoo to keep the ash tones consistent ☺️ If not clynol viton s 10.2 with 3% 1:1 mixing ratio x

Loreal po1 with 3% I swear by it! Keep watching the colour tho as it can be a very strong ash 😊

Illumina 9/60
Or directions white toner
Paintbox do a white toner too

Anything with a purple in it really. Violet or purple is opposite yellow on the colour wheel so will neutralise yellow tones
Don't know about other brands but violet is 9 in wella so anything along the 10 line with a 9 in it will do the same job.
I use 9/60 illumina and its a really nice colour x

Illumina 9/60
Or directions white toner
Paintbox do a white toner too

Anything with a purple in it really. Violet or purple is opposite yellow on the colour wheel so will neutralise yellow tones
Don't know about other brands but violet is 9 in wella so anything along the 10 line with a 9 in it will do the same job.
I use 9/60 illumina and its a really nice colour x

Violet is not 9 in Wella. Violet is /6 in Wella. /9 is cendre.

Violet is not 9 in Wella. Violet is /6 in Wella. /9 is cendre.

Oops sorry that's completely right haha
My brain must be upside down or something!

Silver/ purple shampoo usually for five mins on towel died hair wella have a fab one

Latest posts

Back