Best treatment for stretchmarks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany.

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I have a few stretch marks on my tummy after having my little girl and would like a treatment which will improve the look of them. Their not red anymore, their turning pale but their quite thick still & ridged.
Any advice would be appreciated

Xx

Hiya

What treatments have you tried?? Have you ever tried or heard of microcurrent? We trained in it at college and when training I saw visible results on my inner thighs!!

Naomi x

Hi for a non-invasive treatment I would look at microdermabrasion as this is good for resurfacing and rejuvenating the skin. I have also heard of a treatment that uses a roller with micro needles on it that breaks down the scar tissue and allows the skin to heal with a finer, smoother surface. Good luck hun x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I have strech marks as well, when they were red I had a caci treatment done on them for a while which helped a bit!
But that was 3 years ago they are still visible, I found toning up helped a lot as it made the skin tighter, I'm also waiting on a potion from my husbands botox lady which she says will get rid of them, I will let you know when I get it!

Does anyone know if they can be lazered off?? I know it sounds a bit extreme but I really hate mine! :-(

X

Hi ladies
I have a few stretch marks on my tummy after having my little girl and would like a treatment which will improve the look of them. Their not red anymore, their turning pale but their quite thick still & ridged.
Any advice would be appreciated

Xx

I dont know of any treatments you could have sorry but whilst at my last working place we trained in mammi mio and they do a product called goodbye stretchmarks which is supposed to be quite good. I didnt have any experience using it as I havent ever had a baby and we didnt have any retail to sell to a client and compare the results...... so this post might be pretty helpless lol! But I suppose its another option for you and you could check out reveiws online or something :)

Bio oil.

Jacqui xx

For a simpler solution, another vote for Bio Oil.

My daughter rubbed Bio Oil religiously twice a day for 3 months and it made no difference. She then used a cream from Avon and they have virtually gone. They were relatively new stretch marks though.
I would definitely recommend a derma-roller though. Nothing is ever going to get rid of them but the derma roller has great results.

I had a course of endermoligie on my thighs and hips and this used alongside dry body brushing at home and then applying decleor prolagene my stretchmarks almost virtually disappeared. Just had a baby so back to square one lol! I really recommend the prolagene gel it can be used to help the appearance of all different types of scar tissue. Also endermoligie was fab and really transformed the tone of my skin I think it can be done on your stomach too, downside is it's expensive.

Bio oil did not work at all for me.

i would agree toning up is the best option. have to say though...Im rather fond of my baby marks. my four year old always asks...did i make that one or did one of the others?

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

For a simpler solution, another vote for Bio Oil.

Another vote for bio oil.

Haven't used it on stretch marks as I've not been blessed with kiddies yet. but I had a huge gash across the bridge of my nose and when the scab healed I literally drenched it in bio oil (I never let it dry out) and now no one can believe it you can't see were it was at all.

If you put it on religiously about 3 times a day ( you can even add a few drops to your bath) you will notice a difference.

I love this product so much I should be doing their PR lol xxx

I used Bio Oil religiously for around 6 months of my pregnancy with my little girl, and i still got loads of stetchmarks, i think if your gonna get them, your gonna get them, i still used bio oil afterwards and it made little difference, they have faded so much on their own now after 2 and a half years, i've had a few microderms which also works a treat, but toning up and losing the extra weight i had gained was definitely the biggest winner for me i think.

HTH

Latest posts

Back