Best type of massage for injured back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*that should say never go to deep not ever!

I think word of mouth for a decent sports masseuse would be best, try and find out who the local sports teams use, especially the rugby club!

Hot stone in a spa would be good as well, the therapist would have done more than someone in a salon (please dont take that the wrong way at all salon masseuses) and they are generally stronger. I use my arms and elbows after the muscles have relaxed in my hot stone routine, the heat is fabbo and really comforting.

I get bruises btw after I have my acupuncture and also when my Chiro sticks her elbows in my glutes sometimes, evil genius! No harm seeing an Osteo/Chiro as well if you haven't already.

Eek, elbows?? That sounds painful! Lol!! I am such a wuss but I know I need the benefit of it rather than the nice relaxing part :wink2:

Ok well bit confused on which to go for now, some of you are swearing by Hot stone and others are saying it's no use to me and to go for sports massage. Hot stone does sound nicer :lol:

Eek, elbows?? That sounds painful! Lol!! I am such a wuss but I know I need the benefit of it rather than the nice relaxing part :wink2:

Ok well bit confused on which to go for now, some of you are swearing by Hot stone and others are saying it's no use to me and to go for sports massage. Hot stone does sound nicer :lol:

Ha I don't massage with elbow points, I sort of hook them over the top of the shoulder when you go up each side of a back with a forearm, if you get me, they just sort of follow my arm going up.

Or if you are on about my Chiro yeah sometimes they kill but its great afterwards. My hips are mangled from having scoliosis in my lower back so she does pressures round my sacrum.

Ice pack, cake and lots of saved up rubbish on Sky Plus afterwards to give yourself a treat!

Latest posts

Back