best uv top coat for l+p?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
I have just been given a uv lamp from a tech who is moving away and no longer needs it.
Now,i have only been trained to do l+p but i am now considering to offer a uv top coat over the l+p enhancement,especially to my clients who like alittle nail art here and there.
So i thoght i would throw afew questions out there...
Are there some brands better suited than others to cover l+p?
Would painting on a thin layer not cause cracking?
If so,what would be the best way to avoid this?

there are a few i like, ibd ultra seal, nsi thermoshield. i use it for clients now and again, it depends on what mood i am in... sometimes i get the snow monkey and miracle shine out,but then sometimes i will pop a gel coat on. i find a gel top coat helps when clients wear polish, it protects the acrylic from the colour i find. also ibd do a uv topcoat, which you can use on both extensions and natural nails... it speeds up the drying process.

i USED TO USE STAR NAILS QUATTRO AND DIDNT THINK i COULD LIVE WITHOUT IT BUT NOW CANT LIVE WITH OUT NSI GLAZE AND GO DRIES IN 60 SECONDS UNDER LAMP ABSOLUTELY BRILL

I've used a few of the ones mentioned above in the past but I now use Pro Tec by Le Chat its super shiney and works with gel, l&p and silks.

NSI Glaze n Go every time.

yep deffo nsi glaze n go!! no more buffing and shining!!! xxx

thanks for all the info,its a massive help.

Just one other question - after using the search tool to view other threads,i noticed that some of you are using a uv top coat over polish eventhough its not recommended/designed for that.And surprisingly afew have found it can help prolong the life of thier polish without it cracking!?!

what do you all think of this and does anyone know which top coat it is that thier using??

^I do it when under the polish I have L&P (top coat without residue) or Gel (UV coat with a sticky layer)

but you have to make sure your polish is dry. (my UV lamp has a thingy to dry polish, blowing cold air... don't know the English name for that, sorry)

and I use on my acrylics OPI Axxium Top Sealer most of the times. it shines great, doesn't yellow or crak as long as it's layed on a smooth nail...

Young Nails Finish Gel, I have used it for years and its fantastic over Gel and L&P. It has a 90 second curing time and all you need to do is finish your nails to the point where you would normally buff. It comes in a polish style bottle, gives a fantastic shine that lasts untill buffed away and the bottle lasts for absolutely ages!

I use NSI Glaze n Go and Brisa Fininshing Gloss

I like glaze and go from nsi .xx

Thermoshield or Glaze n Go ... both NSI products.

Latest posts

Back