Best UV top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phynyx77

Reaction score
Hello fellow Geeks,
I was wondering if anyone has found a really good UV top coat that can be used over polish or acrylic paints. I only offer gels as my enhancement service, so I'm looking for a good UV top coat to go over my polish application or designs. Regular UV gel chips or crumbles if pressed on(which means a ruined polish app or nail art).
Any suggestions?

I use and love NSI glaze'n'go , it sets in 90 seconds and doesnt need to be wiped after as there is no sticky layer, it has a lovely shine afterwards. Instead of that I have a non UV alternative which is the NSI airshield polish sealer/ topcoat, gives the same effect as Glaze n go but it wont last as long and be easiee to remove.

eco_uv_gel_seal.jpg

Thank you for the suggestions.

I use and love NSI glaze'n'go , it sets in 90 seconds and doesnt need to be wiped after as there is no sticky layer, it has a lovely shine afterwards. Instead of that I have a non UV alternative which is the NSI airshield polish sealer/ topcoat, gives the same effect as Glaze n go but it wont last as long and be easiee to remove.

Glaze 'n Go isn't meant for over polish, so you may run into some issues there. Thermoshield is UV/heat-cured and Airshield is air-dry. Both dry in three minutes and last for two weeks.

Would you say thermosheild can be used as top coat and does it protect against acetone?

Would you say thermosheild can be used as top coat and does it protect against acetone?

Thermoshield is an ultra-shiney top coat that drys your nail polish; however it is removed with Acetone, so is not solvent-resistant.

Thanks. I am looking for something that protects my nails polish while I am doing clients nails any ideas anyone?

Thanks. I am looking for something that protects my nails polish while I am doing clients nails any ideas anyone?

Have you thought of trying color gels?

I did my first lot of training with Star Nails and while I haven't used their products for a few years I think I remember their Quattro being solvent resistant. Don't quote me on that though! If you're using it over polish I'd imagine you'd have to apply it a couple of hours after the polish though, to ensure it's fully dry first.

Brisa UV High Gloss Gel. I use it ove my colours as an armour shield. Has to be filed to remove and is very tough and lasts with grow out. It took me ages last night to file it off to change to french :) Good luck

Do you mean to cover a full nail of polish colour or smaller nail art designs?

Brisa UV High Gloss Gel. I use it ove my colours as an armour shield. Has to be filed to remove and is very tough and lasts with grow out. It took me ages last night to file it off to change to french :) Good luck

I second this :) It's fantastic in what it does and importantly, it's also hypoallergenic :)

Can the Barisa be used over acrylics? I am looking for a light cure top coat resistant to acetone too.

Can the Barisa be used over acrylics? I am looking for a light cure top coat resistant to acetone too.

Yes, you can use Brisa over L&P. :)

I use O P I Axxium over my l&p. They have a soak off version (blue bottle) and a file off version (black bottle).

I prefer the file off because I'm going to file their nails anyways and there is no inhibition layer after curing. Remember! If you use the file off, and need to soak off, that you must remove the top coat first because the acetone can't penetrate it.

Sent from my PC36100 using SalonGeek

I did my first lot of training with Star Nails and while I haven't used their products for a few years I think I remember their Quattro being solvent resistant. Don't quote me on that though! If you're using it over polish I'd imagine you'd have to apply it a couple of hours after the polish though, to ensure it's fully dry first.

I second the Star Quattro, I trained with them too and the Quattro is the only thing I love.

Young Nails ManiQ top coat can be used over the top of normal polish. It's amazing, lasts at least 2 weeks. Again tho you need to break the seal of top coat (buff slightly) before soak.

I use Quattro gel topcoat too.
Over both my gel and acrylic nails. It works well over touch dry polish/nail art to keep it protected and shiny till next appointment. It keeps crystals put too
185724_113827232025548_100001948163903_108518_4149613_n.jpg

182482_113828252025446_100001948163903_108522_6481126_n.jpg

Has anyone tried both of these and can tell me which one has the most shine? I've been looking for something that I can put over gel or gel polish that's high gloss/shine or a "wet look" that lasts at least a week or so. Something I can put over the gel top coat. And I don't care if I have to file, soak or remove with acetone, I just need a hi gloss to finish my gel sets.

Latest posts

Back