Best wax solvent for metal spatula cleaning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonie-lenny

Reaction score
Hey guys! I’ve been reading all the thread about metal spats!
Just got my first ones from Adam and Eve however they’re the same size as wood spatulas so advise in bigger ones would be great!
But anyway I actually came here to ask .. what solvent or wax cleaner do you find works to get the wax off? I don’t want to spent a ton of money on lots of different ones that end up with me having to scrub the wax off anyway!

Tar lovelies!! Xxx

I'm not sure how you would clean them between each dip into the wax?
Unless you have a few metal ones ready. I use salon systems wax cleaner, I've tried a few and to be honest the wax cleaners seem much the same to me.

Perron Rigot Wax remover is the absolute best one I’ve ever used

Perron Rigot again !

I'm not sure how you would clean them between each dip into the wax?
Unless you have a few metal ones ready. I use salon systems wax cleaner, I've tried a few and to be honest the wax cleaners seem much the same to me.

Oh no I wouldn’t double dip. I have a bunch of them and once used have had them sitting in warm water after then clean and sterilise them between clients .. but I have to spend ages getting the wax off them.
I’d like to just have the wax dissolve, quick wipe and sterilise.

Ooh thanks guys! Will give the Perron Rigot a look!

Nope forget the water no good ! I have a plastic Tupperware type thing from sainsburys or tescos travel/ storage beaker put a metal spat blade down, and fill to just below the handle with wax solvent then when you are waxing drop your used spatula straight in the solvent to soak and repeat.. use kitchen towel to wipe any excess residue off ,clean and sanitise. when you have finished just replace the lid and top up occasionally :)

Nope forget the water no good ! I have a plastic Tupperware type thing from sainsburys or tescos travel/ storage beaker put a metal spat blade down, and fill to just below the handle with wax solvent then when you are waxing drop your used spatula straight in the solvent to soak and repeat.. use kitchen towel to wipe any excess residue off ,clean and sanitise. when you have finished just replace the lid and top up occasionally :)

Thank you! That sounds soooooooo much easier!!!

Perron rigot also sell larger metal spatulas, the metal area is bigger than the wooden ones & come with a wooden handle. If your ordering solvent cleaner might be worth chucking some spatulas in too :) xx

Perron rigot also sell larger metal spatulas, the metal area is bigger than the wooden ones & come with a wooden handle. If your ordering solvent cleaner might be worth chucking some spatulas in too :) xx

Oooh I did see that but I couldn’t see any measurements and they look just like my ones from Adam and Eve. I will def chuck some in, even if they aren’t bigger I could use some more anyway!

They are quite big and slightly flared great for legs !

Imnot back in the salon till tues, but i can post the measurements when im back in :) xx

Latest posts

Back