CND Retention acrylic trouble shooting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey geeks

I have used various acrylic powders ranging from EzFlow, (still use it for my design wk) Nubar & NSI.

I did a conversion course with CND, learnt a lot in my day training.

However I've lost 2 Acrylic clients & 1 gel,as the nails pop off. No damage to natural nail.

I had a new acrylic client this week Monday, yesterday one popped off!

I use CND cuticle cleaner, push back cuticles, scope around the cuticles for any loose cuticle, nip any cuticle still left. Wipe with soap & water to de-activate the cuticle cleaner.

Then size the velocity tips, stick them on, blend them in, along with gently fileing the nail bed. I then clean natural nail only with scrub fresh, then apply my acrylic starting from free edge.

File, shape,use shellac or vinylux, top coat & cuticle oil.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong??

I can understand acrylics not suiting 1-2 people but everyone's popping of is a concern, as I'm losing these new clients I'm getting.

Please help!!! 😳😳😳😳

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't use CND so I don't know what you were taught on your course.

Is the whole acrylic coming off in one piece or is it breaking where the tip is applied? I was taught to remove shine from the natural nail before applying the tip. Not sure if it'll make much difference. Hopefully someone who knows more can shed some more light on your situation!

As the previous responder mentioned, I noticed you didn't indicate buffing the natural shine from the nails. The acrylic will have a better grip on the nail if you buff or lightly file off the natural shine, then use a kabuki brush (or similar) to remove the excess debris. I currently use CND and it is wonderful!

I do file the natural nail.

Do you file the nail before applying tips? I noticed you said you do remove shine but I think you said it after tips were applied. So only asking. Failing that, I suppose most people will say check your ratio /not too wet, not touching the skin. But really your method sounds pretty sound to me? :-( hope someone has other ideas x

Do you file the nail before applying tips? I noticed you said you do remove shine but I think you said it after tips were applied. So only asking. Failing that, I suppose most people will say check your ratio /not too wet, not touching the skin. But really your method sounds pretty sound to me? :-( hope someone has other ideas x

Yes before I tip I remove fine. Ratio seems fine I think I avoid skin all around.

If the same thing is happening with both gels and L+P it could be your prep- as this will be the same regardless of system.

Are you 100% sure you are thoroughly removing all traces of your cuticle away? I use soapy water (CND scentsations soap) in a squirty bottle with a towel rather then a soaked nail wipe as theres less risk of leaving product behind.

It sounds like there may be traces left on the nail plate. If this is not removed fully it can leave a film on the nail which acts as a barrier between the nail and the product- preventing secure adhesion.

Once rinsed thoroughly, ensure the nail is dried properly before scrubfreshing.

Hi

I am removing the cuticle remover with soap & water drying it then using scrub fresh.

Make sure you are firmly pressing the product and not just patting it into place.

Latest posts

Back